• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cleaned barrel now off target?

I have a new Hatsan Flash pup side lever. I shot about 50 shots without cleaning the barrel and saw my groups growing larger so I figured I should clean the barrel. Now after the cleaning I am totally off the paper and shooting low and erratic after about 5 shots. I am shooting JSB Hades .25cal @ 30 yards any ideas? Do i need to shoot more pellets to season the barrel?

Thanks!

Yeah I think I will check the baffles tomorrow as it is a QE model. I was watching a brother in air video and he mentioned pellet clipping the baffles due to a double pellet load which did happen to me before the groups started to get larger and then cleaning the barrel may have even made it worse. I used the straw cleaning method with the patch worm kit so I didn’t see the baffles while cleaning.

if you have access to a 3D printer print this and wrap with felt.

download.png
View attachment Flash Baffle ver.7.1624304540.1636564671.stl

or go to Ebay and get the upgrade baffle 13 chamber.

P.S. make sure the barrel breech O-ring is ok.

I inspected the baffles and Sumo today and found the baffles to be fine but the exit hole of the Sumo had a very small nick which may have been from a double load fired. I was seeing groups going from 1” at 35 yards to literally all over the target some as much as 16” apart. I removed the Sumo and test fired 20 more round which with the nicked Sumo removed came back to 1”at 35 yards. I will shoot some more test rounds tomorrow just to be certain it is the Sumo. I thought it was due to cleaning the barrel but looks like pellet clipping maybe the culprit. I will update after I run more test shoot tomorrow.

Thanks

Sounds like you have found the problem, but it's curious that it seems to have occurred with your cleaning the barrel. I'm not familiar with that rifle, but is their an adapter on the muzzle that could have moved slightly when you removed and reinstalled the silencer, or the shroud itself?

I noticed it seemed off while shooting squirrels so I figured I should clean the barrel. I did have a double load and fired it without knowing it had two pellets in the chamber. I took off the silencer and cleaned the barrel with shroud still on. I didn't notice the clipping in the silencer until I recheck everything including the baffles. Once the silencer was removed the gun is accurate again. I contacted Donny FL and am sending the Sumo to him to ream and check the centric of the Sumo after it got clipped. Great customer service from Donny!

Thanks,

Steve