• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Clay Pellets

So i had some super sculpey laying around and made some pellets out of them (2 designs) one is a cone shape and teh other is like a little boattail bullet design. i haven't tried them yet i was wondering what kind of results you all expect i may get? i will be firing them from my Beeman Silver Kodiak x2 with the .22 barrel and n0 sights (i don't like scoped prefer iron sights and currently don't have any for it yet)

My first impression is that the clay is too soft a medium for you to use as pellet unless you harden them in fire. Then you are basically shooting rocks in your barrel. The hardened clay will act as sandpaper on the inside of your barrel....basically ruining it. 
The soft clay is just going to disperse and break apart under the air pressure making for a poor pellet, and also ruin your barrel. 
The shapes of the projectiles are not going to make too much of a difference since the barrels twist rate won't be proper to keep the projectile stable.
I think that all you will do is fire blobs of clay and ruin your gun

i used super sculpey to make them and partially hardened them they are about the constancy of a typical led pellet so the rifling will grab them and they wont damage the barrel. 

that's an interesting point on the twist rate i didn't take that into account, maybe if i were to mold a bb into it for added weight it would work better. my pellet rifle has the standard twist rate for a .22 LR. 

As to the idea of molding them hollow inside that would be really hard as they are rather small they would likely get crushed while being boiled (to make them hard but not too hard)

my "flesh" medium is going to be spam cause its cheap and meaty i will just be using the can as a hard target. i should have some results by the end of next week as the weather is going to cool down enough to go shooting.