Clawed beast down with the AP16

Apohlo

Jun 12, 2022
Wisco
Was sitting out on the porch the other morning and heard the gut-wrenching chirp of the fabled veloci-chipmunk.

Knowing that the raptor rodent was on predator alert, I decided to see if I could step in and take care of the beast myself.

I stalked 50-60yards,getting closer through the tall grass... Until a green-backed Heron bust out of the bush and flew away. Score. Leave the pest to me.

Creeping closer, I noticed a piece of 4" pvc pipe sticking out at a 45 degree from the ground. Alas, a snout!

Lining up the 15 yard shot to about an inch of fur, I squeezed the 8oz trigger on my open sighted Ataman Compact and was greeted by the sight of stripes tumbling to the ground.

The barn cats followed me around for the rest of the day after this treat...

0827220831c.jpg

Excellent stalk and hunt on such an apex predator that could have easily turned the tables on you and made you a meal! LOL! Fun stuff and nice pic of said beast and your gorgeous Ataman.
Good read, good shooting! Those Ataman pistols have always been on my wish list.
Look at the claws on that beast! He'd tear your arm off with one swipe!
I greatly admire pistol hunting , good shooting , another ferocious beast down , the neighbor hood is safe (for a while )
Man that is good shooting, those ap16 catch my eye every time
There's death in those beady eyes. Glad you survived to tell the tale. ;)
You're lucky to be alive after an encounter with such a ferocious monster. Good shooting!
You guys are right - my neck of the woods can now rest with a bit more surety that their pets and livestock won't go missing overnight. There's something about the stalk of hunting with a pistol... And the ataman is a shooter!

Was sitting out on the porch the other morning and heard the gut-wrenching chirp of the fabled veloci-chipmunk.

Knowing that the raptor rodent was on predator alert, I decided to see if I could step in and take care of the beast myself.

I stalked 50-60yards,getting closer through the tall grass... Until a green-backed Heron bust out of the bush and flew away. Score. Leave the pest to me.

Creeping closer, I noticed a piece of 4" pvc pipe sticking out at a 45 degree from the ground. Alas, a snout!

Lining up the 15 yard shot to about an inch of fur, I squeezed the 8oz trigger on my open sighted Ataman Compact and was greeted by the sight of stripes tumbling to the ground.

The barn cats followed me around for the rest of the day after this treat...

View attachment 286060
@Apohlo - how is the Ataman trigger?