• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.
I haven’t much luck selling in the classifieds here lately. My stuff is reasonably priced too. I did lose two potential sales because my feedback is erased.

I’ve never had much luck listing classic springers here though.

But for pcps I usually list here. I also use airguns.net (which is a minefield of scammers, but still a popular site) and Gunbroker.

Last edited:
I think this is kind of an unfair stab at Michael. This problem, which isn’t really a problem it’s just commerce in a inflation bubble, was happening way before the new forum layout. There is still accountability, maybe not as easy to see if you just looked at accuracy scores, but you have been on the forum a long time, seen the same names, made relationships and friends along the way, that is your accountability, always has been in reality. That hasn’t changed. The risk is still the same. You don’t know someone then get to know him, then buy. You make a friend a long the way also. Nothing to do with Michael.
+1
And as far as accuracy points, I understand it was sometimes used as feedback but that wasn't its intended purpose anyway, feedback should have been left in the feedback section so if you search the individuals username, you will find feedback for them.

Heres my opinion.New guy comes in,what gun should I buy? I have 900 bucks max and I want pcp.Some of the guys here will tell him how to work his 900 bucks by recommending a lower price pcp, tank and scope and maybe a tip or two. Some will say save more money and get a gun that you can’t get for 900 bucks.Some want to know what your shooting how far and what shoes you’ll be wearing.Most discussions here even started about any of the lower end guns are mostly ignored and buried within a couple hours by all the high dollar stuff.Let’s just be honest.You can log on here and before you open the first thread you probably already know it’ll be mostly the same dozen or so members posting different threads about the same half dozen or so guns.Fx,daystate,rti,raw,etc; any other posts about cheaper guns will be buried within the day.
Some asked a few weeks ago about a sub forum for the budget guys where there is a place to go and hang out and commiserate among people shooting in the same league(price range)where the guys with these guns can have discussions about them without some of the bad mouthing commentary.I think same of classified sections.If your a new member here and just got into this this place will make you think you need a 2-3,000 dollar pellet gun.Sorry for the long winded post.
Ps:Micheal love the new layout but please do reconsider a sub forum for the guys with lower tier guns.I bet a lot of these guys just don’t even bother posting at all because of above stated reasons.

Reactions: dv8eod
I haven’t much luck selling in the classifieds here lately. My stuff is reasonably priced too. I did lose two potential sales because my feedback is erased.

I’ve never had much luck listing classic springers here though.

But for pcps I usually list here. I also use airguns.net (which is a minefield of scammers, but still a popular site) and Gunbroker.
Where would you say is the best place for classic springers? That would be down my alley 🙂

You have to be willing to take a hit to move them. Can’t be avoided right now especially with super high shipping costs.
I am taking a hit, both rifles I am selling I bought new and were barley shot, paid $900 for one and $700 for the other and I can’t even sell either one of them for $350 shipped which is crazy because shipping is easily $50 or more now, I’ll just let them sit and collect dust or give them to friends to use to try to get them into the sport before I sell any lower

Reactions: baranjhn
I am taking a hit, both rifles I am selling I bought new and were barley shot, paid $900 for one and $700 for the other and I can’t even sell either one of them for $350 shipped which is crazy because shipping is easily $50 or more now, I’ll just let them sit and collect dust or give them to friends to use to try to get them into the sport before I sell any lower

Bet if I posted the Taipan id get offered like 900 and if I posted the Alpha prob get offered like 2000

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
I think this is kind of an unfair stab at Michael. This problem, which isn’t really a problem it’s just commerce in a inflation bubble, was happening way before the new forum layout. There is still accountability, maybe not as easy to see if you just looked at accuracy scores, but you have been on the forum a long time, seen the same names, made relationships and friends along the way, that is your accountability, always has been in reality. That hasn’t changed. The risk is still the same. You don’t know someone then get to know him, then buy. You make a friend a long the way also. Nothing to do with Michael.
I totally disagree. I’ve been buying and selling online for 20 years. It was a great system and it worked well.

I totally disagree. I’ve been buying and selling online for 20 years. It was a great system and it worked well.

@jasmlowe And like I said above it isn't gone,

Like most old time users would tell new members , a quick search would probably yield the results youd like.
The accuracy system wasn't even intended for feedback. The feedback section of the forums was.

Last edited:
We used to have accountability on here that helped with selling used guns but it was all erased. Now I don’t know who to trust so I probably won’t buy anything used until the owner decides to fix it. That could be part of the problem because I know it is for me.
Bollocks,.....if you been around the forums long enough you know who is good for transactions regardless of green balls or not.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Bollocks,.....if you been around the forums long enough you know who is good for transactions regardless of green balls or not.
Sure….if you’ve been around for a while. New guys not so much.

I’ve used the same user name since 2000 on the Yellow forum (now Airgun Warriors) , Gateway to Airguns, Straight Shooters, Target Talk, here and a few others. However, new guys have no idea who I am. Especially since I’m a not a rabid poster.

I used to have about 14 years of positive feedback on the old Yellow that’s gone now. I was just starting to build some here too.

If you're like me, the only reason you have guns for sale is because you want new/different guns.

So selling the big ticket items that haven't seen a lot of use makes the wife a lot happier.

As for trusting people buying selling, I ended up having a fairly long and enjoyable phone chat with an old school forum member I sold an AEA to a few days ago (of course to help fund a new AEA purchase). I don't think if anyone was going to scam you that they would have a friendly and open chat like that.

I haven't bought or sold too much on here, but I'm a newer member and really appreciate this marketplace. It's the best there is and if the price is right you'll find a buyer. If I ever get scammed I'll consider that my fault & hopefully it never happens.

I worked really hard for my accuracy score when I had it. I was very proud of it. I had feedback, all positive that did not follow me here for the new system. I absolutely feel upset that is gone (for now). I understand the pride one had in those things because it wasn’t really accuracy score or feedback amount but integrity score for lack of better words.

I am not discounting it or peoples feels on it in any way. Just offered another perspective.

Holy smokes I guess. What rifles??