Classifieds Etiquette.... 101

This is just my take on good classifieds etiquette for buyers out there, this thread is a product of me departing from airguns and selling quite a bit over the last few days as I get rid of my airgun inventory, a lot of WTF moments in the last few days lol.

The following is a list of tips to help you people who seem to struggle with the classifieds, as many of you know part of my livelihood is selling things online , so I have quite a bit of experience with this.

1) Read the entire ad before inquiring about an item, this will save frustration and headache.
2) If the seller lists his forms of payments, do not ask if they can take forms of payment they say they cannot, they wrote this for a specific reason.
3) This goes with number 2, do not pout when they tell you they cannot take the form of payment you want to use that they've stated they cannot take.
4) Do not get upset when they won't sell you an item because you cannot pay on the terms the seller listed.
5) Do not say "I'll take it", "Lets do this", "Consider it sold" and then ask more questions about the item (this is arguably the most annoying and frustrating).
6) If you have CONSIDERABLY lesser feedback than the seller, your suggestions on pricing and how to sell are probably falling on deaf ears..... especially after youve shown you are cheap (see number 7) , if they have near 100 positive transactions, mostly selling, they probably are pretty good at selling and pricing, theyve earned this feedback!
7) Don't be cheap, it might cause you to be excluded next time you inquire with said seller

Anyways, its been fun guys, thanks to all who have reached out asking why I am getting out and "where ive been" , I have some family concerns to handle along with travel to do that isn't going to allow me to airgun this year, I will be picking up a powder burner or 2 for shtf and hd and thatll be the extent of my shooting from here on out.

Happy shooting fellas!

Last edited:
Given sixty-plus years as a consumer, forty years of retail selling, and over thirty years of buying, selling and trading airguns (mostly long-distance), I feel very qualified to lend advice to buyers and sellers alike. But since the OP did a pretty good job of advising prospective buyers on this forum, I'll concentrate on advising sellers.

1) There is a certain percentage of the population you simply do not want to deal with.
2) That percentage is growing.
3) EXPONENTIALLY in 2024.
4) Largely due to Covid; more largely due to another affliction since 2020.
5) If you're not comfortable with a prospective buyer, don't hesitate to put them in their place. Because if you don't, who will (besides me)?
6) There is great satisfaction in telling an abusive prospect, "I'm sorry, we can't do business."
7) There is even greater satisfaction in telling overly-abusive sellers to (figuratively) take a hike... in less polite terms! 🤬

Happy Selling,😊
TVOE

Given sixty-plus years as a consumer, forty years of retail selling, and over thirty years of buying, selling and trading airguns (mostly long-distance), I feel very qualified to lend advice to buyers and sellers alike. But since the OP did a pretty good job of advising prospective buyers on this forum, I'll concentrate on advising sellers.

1) There is a certain percentage of the population you simply do not want to deal with.
2) That percentage is growing.
3) EXPONENTIALLY in 2024.
4) Largely due to Covid; more largely due to another affliction since 2020.
5) If you're not comfortable with a prospective buyer, don't hesitate to put them in their place. Because if you don't, who will (besides me)?
6) There is great satisfaction in telling an abusive prospect, "I'm sorry, we can't do business."
7) There is even greater satisfaction in telling overly-abusive sellers to (figuratively) take a hike... in less polite terms! 🤬

Happy Selling,😊
TVOE

PERFECT!!!!!!! :cool:👌

Reactions: SHOMER
This is just my take on good classifieds etiquette for buyers out there, this thread is a product of me departing from airguns and selling quite a bit over the last few days as I get rid of my airgun inventory, a lot of WTF moments in the last few days lol.

The following is a list of tips to help you people who seem to struggle with the classifieds, as many of you know part of my livelihood is selling things online , so I have quite a bit of experience with this.

1) Read the entire ad before inquiring about an item, this will save frustration and headache.
2) If the seller lists his forms of payments, do not ask if they can take forms of payment they say they cannot, they wrote this for a specific reason.
3) This goes with number 2, do not pout when they tell you they cannot take the form of payment you want to use that they've stated they cannot take.
4) Do not get upset when they won't sell you an item because you cannot pay on the terms the seller listed.
5) Do not say "I'll take it", "Lets do this", "Consider it sold" and then ask more questions about the item (this is arguably the most annoying and frustrating).
6) If you have CONSIDERABLY lesser feedback than the seller, your suggestions on pricing and how to sell are probably falling on deaf ears..... especially after youve shown you are cheap (see number 7) , if they have near 100 positive transactions, mostly selling, they probably are pretty good at selling and pricing, theyve earned this feedback!
7) Don't be cheap, it might cause you to be excluded next time you inquire with said seller

Anyways, its been fun guys, thanks to all who have reached out asking why I am getting out and "where ive been" , I have some family concerns to handle along with travel to do that isn't going to allow me to airgun this year, I will be picking up a powder burner or 2 for shtf and hd and thatll be the extent of my shooting from here on out.

Happy shooting fellas!
I just wanted to say that I enjoy your videos, and your contribution to the forum. I hope that you will still post here from time to time.

Happy shooting fellas!
Happy to have done business with you and read some of your posts and watch a video of yours.
Hope i can make you proud of the way i shoot the #1 of 1 Marauder side lever HFT USA platform.

All great points. Also one to sellers and I don’t believe you do this CT but others do. Please know what you are selling and at the least an idea of what it can be bought for NIB. Many people’s ideas of what their stuff is worth is an utter waste of web space. I especially love the pellets that can be bought from PA for the same price or cheaper. So annoying!! Go there and check the price of them before you list.

There is a reason I no longer do private party to private party sells anymore.
There are just too many disrespectful people in the world these days and they exist in every hobby or work place.
I bought sold and traded PB’s for decades. People are the biggest reason I got out of the hobby. It got to the point it was not fun anymore.
These days when I want to sell a PB or AG they get consigned at a local shop. The commission the dealer charges is cheap insulation between me and dealing with people who view a transaction as some form of competition that they have to “win”. Whatever that equates out to.

CT come on back when the time is right. I will miss your posts and interesting take on things.

Happy shooting fellas!
So Sorry to see you go , always enjoyed your posts .
Stsn in KY.

Jetty and I will miss you and Peri. Good luck with everything

IMG_3465.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: maxtrouble