• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Classified Ads....any good?

Look at it this way far as 'quality posts': There are lots of us who frequent this forum and buy things. WE are your potential buyer audience. If I dont recognize a name when I see something for sale I'm interested in, the first thing I do is look at post count and then feedback. I'll then take a look at what type of posts this person has made. If I see worthwhile posts and engagement then fine... but do I really want to take a chance on an item that could turn out to be a turd where that someone made 10 useless posts and then will be gone and has no real reputation to lose anyway? That's how I see it... I've taken chances on folks with zero feedback, but I do make sure that they have developed some sort of rapport with the folks here. No, it's not a case of the 'Cool Kids' club, but rather just trying to be prudent and safe with hard earned cash.

@Rob_in_NC I agree ☝️. I have watched this forum for few years. ( 2015 ) just recently become a member. I personally do not buy/sell but do so through a friend. When I see something that interests me, ( if not a recognized member) I check, how long of member, post, feedback, etc. Then I pass along to a friend. He checks as well, if the item is still available ( sometime I miss out ) then I purchase. It really make me wonder why anyone wants in the classified section so badly. That’s the part that cost to be a member. A item you want today will most likely come up again, be patient.

Reactions: Rob_in_NC
Look at it this way far as 'quality posts': There are lots of us who frequent this forum and buy things. WE are your potential buyer audience. If I dont recognize a name when I see something for sale I'm interested in, the first thing I do is look at post count and then feedback. I'll then take a look at what type of posts this person has made. If I see worthwhile posts and engagement then fine... but do I really want to take a chance on an item that could turn out to be a turd where that someone made 10 useless posts and then will be gone and has no real reputation to lose anyway? That's how I see it... I've taken chances on folks with zero feedback, but I do make sure that they have developed some sort of rapport with the folks here. No, it's not a case of the 'Cool Kids' club, but rather just trying to be prudent and safe with hard earned cash.
I understand what your talking about but it mostly pertains to people who are buying a gun from a person who is shipping and I'm not shipping. It will be a face to face sell at my house.

I understand what your talking about but it mostly pertains to people who are buying a gun from a person who is shipping and I'm not shipping. It will be a face to face sell at my house.
Understood and it wasnt necessarily directed at you. We get these type questions a lot here where folks will pop on, grumble about the ten post requirement to sell their gun and then proceed to make irrelevant posts to try to sell.
Good luck on your sale!

Anyone had any luck with using the Classified Ad section to buy or sell? I have a Vintage Co2 pistol I was thinking about selling and I don't like Ebay. What can be expected here?
I would just like to know where to find the classifieds. I understand I would need 10 posts,(i have 5) to post, but what about buying? Same number?

I would just like to know where to find the classifieds. I understand I would need 10 posts,(i have 5) to post, but what about buying? Same number?
At the top of the screen, click on the down arrow next to "FORUMS" and then click on Forum List. The resulting list will show all of your options including the classifieds. As far as I know, the delay only applies to selling. Anyone can offer to buy an item from a seller.

At the top of the screen, click on the down arrow next to "FORUMS" and then click on Forum List. The resulting list will show all of your options including the classifieds. As far as I know, the delay only applies to selling. Anyone can offer to buy an item from a seller.
Thank you. I also see there are forums like air pistols I can glean info from.

I hate the renew posts people see they have been renewed and don't look unless u put reduced on the title and I'm sick of seeing the same stuff come up renewed for the seventh time no move on the price and if I low ball people it's just to see if they will deal but some get offended easily and Im not trying to offend people other than that this is the best classifieds I've been a part of but like others stated I do my go.e work and check feed back and I also try to give people a fair price for stuff

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Not sure if someone mentioned this. I have had good sucess buying and selling on American Airguns Classifieds (https://www.airguns.net/classifieds/classifieds.php). You do have to be careful of scammers. Their is a guy called Scambuster that polices it (may be others) but I think this website gets more scammers than the classifeds here. They have a few regular sellers like Jim E who posts the recoilless springers there that I bought one from him. I bought a pumper from another. One thing I find is the majority of used springers and pumpers I find on the classifieds for sale are overpriced. However with constant monitoring you can find one for a reasonable price. I have had good success on buying pumpers on Gunbroker but all on penny auctions. Mostly if they are not penny auctions, I find them overpriced, However assume that any pumper will leak no matter what the seller says.

Thank you. I doubt I would have found it if not for you. Unfortunately I'm at like 7 posts, so the Avenger I'm selling probably won't get posted, at least I hope so. I try to post relevant content but its not easy to get to 10 good posts and wait for 10 days for a lot of us. I use Facebook market place mostly but they don't allow air guns to be sold. Craigs List is a bit squirrelly about selling airguns too, and CL is the unquestioned scam leader. I'll figure it out.