• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Classified Ads....any good?

Used airguns are a bit of a crapshoot from my experience. I think I’ve bought 5 used guns and two have been not so hot. On the lower end stuff most people want so close to new price (within 100 bucks) you might as well buy new and have the option to send it back if you get a bad one out of the box. You can get a significant savings on high end stuff and if it’s something like an FX that is within 3 years old still have a warranty.

So happy to hear all the good things about the classified section. I do custom custom Hydrographics on rifles and parts to sell on Ebay but the 12.9% selling fee is ridiculous. I'll be posting some in the near future. Brand new to AGN. Loving it so far. Amazing dialogue and community interaction
What is the going rate to hydro dip a one piece gun stock ?

I've been using the AGN classifieds for the past 4+ years. I've sold more than I've bought, but have plenty of transactions in both directions. I don't feel I've burned anyone, or been burned in return on a purchase. I've also had extremely good luck purchasing airguns off eBay.

I feel like common sense has prevented bad transactions. Keep you radar open for anything that just doesn't feel right about an ad or buyer/seller. If something doesn't feel right then just move on.

So happy to hear all the good things about the classified section. I do custom custom Hydrographics on rifles and parts to sell on Ebay but the 12.9% selling fee is ridiculous. I'll be posting some in the near future. Brand new to AGN. Loving it so far. Amazing dialogue and community interaction
welcome to the site. Lots of good folks here.
Look forward to seeing your work.
Again, welcome.
Doc

Reactions: EliteAirCustoms
Quality posts.. Not things like ,Wow, Interesting, No, Nice!, This is my 8th post, two more to go! etc etc.. Maybe It sucks for new people, but they actually want you to contribute in some way prior to taking advantage of the classified section.
I bowled terrible yesterday but it didn't effect my shooting of my soon for sale Hatsan AT44-10QE. How is this?

20230404_115933.jpg

I bowled terrible yesterday but it didn't effect my shooting of my soon for sale Hatsan AT44-10QE. How is this?

View attachment 345688
I don't make the decisions. I've just seen dozens of people trying to get into classified ads quickly like you are and it usually doesn't work out. Tossing a pic on here isn't adding cred after a bunch of empty posts.

The classifieds on AGN are great. If you buy/sell with long standing members with a lot of posts over time, you should be alright. Read all of their posts first to see if it's someone you want to do business with and check their feedback. Being new, it might be tough for you though, having no history or posts for others to guage you by. Trust takes time, people will definately want to talk to you if you try to sell something first thing. Don't forget to ask for, and give your own feedback, after your deal, to build your resume.

Reactions: Nvr-Enough
I am relatively new to this forum and have just been a buyer so far. My biggest and best purchase was a .22 Daystate Airwolf MCT from Perry Peters. A really great guy, with whom I have become long distant friends. I will probably try my hand at selling a few things. I have a perfect record on ebay (orangeokie) with nearly 800 transactions over the past 21 years. I also have perfect feedback over more than a decade at 24hourcampfire. I think personal trust is the most important qualities one can develop with classifieds. I am very committed to leaving feedback for everyone I deal with, so that others can benefit from it as well.

Last edited: