• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Classic style rifle. What would your choice be?

Let’s throw another in the ring. What about the zbroia hortitsia? The compact 330 looks nice, and similar mag setup to the hw guns. Haven’t seem much for long term reliability though.

I've actually been interested in this model for awhile. I like the looks of the black ash stock with the 330mm barrel. It looks very comfy and the gun looks handy. I also like the uninterrupted flat top picatinny scope rail for easy scope mounting without the magazine getting in the way. I just haven't seen much reviews or talk on the Hortitsia model, specifically in the 330mm version. 

I came across a video where they made some upgrades to the bolt action and a few other areas. I believe Joe Brancato/TopGun-Airguns is the distributor. The pictures on his site reflect the old model and I'm not sure if he currently carries the updated version. You should buy one and report back here so I can make a decision lol.

https://youtu.be/0923NAoWtcI

I looked on his website, and it says temporarily unavailable. Maybe he’s waiting till a new version comes out?

From what I’ve read there are quite a few differences between the two. The 110’s action is made from a composite with some steel internals and the action is a bit shorter for starters. They both use the same air cylinders as far as I know. I really like the shape of the stock on the 110, and like it even more in the black pepper laminate. To be fair I’ve never seen the HW110 in person or held one. The HW100 on the other hand , I’ve had just about every configuration come through my gun room. 

Let’s throw another in the ring. What about the zbroia hortitsia? The compact 330 looks nice, and similar mag setup to the hw guns. Haven’t seem much for long term reliability though.

I've actually been interested in this model for awhile. I like the looks of the black ash stock with the 330mm barrel. It looks very comfy and the gun looks handy. I also like the uninterrupted flat top picatinny scope rail for easy scope mounting without the magazine getting in the way. I just haven't seen much reviews or talk on the Hortitsia model, specifically in the 330mm version. 

I came across a video where they made some upgrades to the bolt action and a few other areas. I believe Joe Brancato/TopGun-Airguns is the distributor. The pictures on his site reflect the old model and I'm not sure if he currently carries the updated version. You should buy one and report back here so I can make a decision lol.

https://youtu.be/0923NAoWtcI

I looked on his website, and it says temporarily unavailable. Maybe he’s waiting till a new version comes out?

I just checked again. If you click on .22, Dark Wood, and 330mm, it should show "Available". The other versions in .177 and .22 in regular wood stock appears to be out of stock or says to call for availability. 

Screenshot_20220124-222521_Chrome.1643027313.jpg

Check out the FX Royale 500 & Boss. They'd meet your criteria in spades! (And IMHO kick the butts of every other guns mentioned!!!)

Really? Lol

I was thinking the same thing. Lol. I own many fx rifles, and I totally disagree with his statement. 

that being said, I’m glad you chimed in,as I respect your reviews of air rifles immensely and was hoping for your input! 
keep in mind, I don’t have the funds for a red wold, or similarly priced rigs. So there’s that too!

I just picked this sweetie up the other day!!! It's in .22 and is solid in every way... I also own a couple HW100s and a Huntsman Regal ! Had a Revere too in .25 but was underpowered for my liking...all three are great choices...

I'm stepping back from the bullpup thing again myself.,. although my Uragan will probably stay around...it just fits!

​​​​​
IMG_20220122_164130.1643052339.jpg

Check out the FX Royale 500 & Boss. They'd meet your criteria in spades! (And IMHO kick the butts of every other guns mentioned!!!)

Really? Lol

I was thinking the same thing. Lol. I own many fx rifles, and I totally disagree with his statement. 

that being said, I’m glad you chimed in,as I respect your reviews of air rifles immensely and was hoping for your input! 
keep in mind, I don’t have the funds for a red wold, or similarly priced rigs. So there’s that too!

I agree with @madeintheuk

Ok so to revisit, I think I have it narrowed down to the hw110 or bsa ultra. The reasoning for the hw110 over the 100 is strictly price. I know the 100 is all metal and so the price shows it, but I haven’t seen any bad press about the 110 as of late. 
the hw and the bsa are 2 different animals for sure, but what they both have in common is they are classic styled, and carbine short which is a wonderful combo for playing in the woods!

A long time ago I regulated my BSA Ultra .177 and did it right. It was more work than just putting a Huma in it but it’s been a fantastic gun. I’ve kept my eye out for a used .22 because I wanted to see what I could do with it. But every used one I’ve come across has the black stock and I must have the nice wooden one. My regulated 177 gets 36 or so shots on the reg out of that tiny tube. They are very comfortable guns and once regulated, a breeze to cock with the bolt action.

A long time ago I regulated my BSA Ultra .177 and did it right. It was more work than just putting a Huma in it but it’s been a fantastic gun. I’ve kept my eye out for a used .22 because I wanted to see what I could do with it. But every used one I’ve come across has the black stock and I must have the nice wooden one. My regulated 177 gets 36 or so shots on the reg out of that tiny tube. They are very comfortable guns and once regulated, a breeze to cock with the bolt action.

I really do like the bsa (my bsa barrel urban is a shooter for sure), but I don’t think I have your Pantone e or know how to do what needs to be done to make it regulated. Honestly, from what I hear, the balanced valve is great for consistency already, but I think the hammer bounce would bother the crap out of me (as it does on my urban)! 
there is the matter of cost though. The hw110 is a good $300 more than the bsa