HW/Weihrauch Classic HW springers - development?

From top to bottom:
HW 35 (1970 production)
HW 30 (2005 production)
HW 98 (Todays production)

54 years between the first and last rifle, and one can wonder if the development have been positive? Ok, the 98 is far more powerful, but the feel…… (Maybe it’s just me - I have a heart for old cars, passion for old shotguns and so on).
633AAEC6-43AA-41F0-BCE7-520109AD6DA2.jpeg

From top to bottom:
HW 35 (1970 production)
HW 30 (2005 production)

54 years between the first and last rifle, and one can wonder if the development have been positive? Ok, the 98 is far more powerful, but the feel…… (Maybe it’s just me - I have a heart for old cars, passion for old shotguns and so on).
View attachment 435511
Love that old 35L

Reactions: Gunnertrones
From top to bottom:
HW 35 (1970 production)
HW 30 (2005 production)

View attachment 435511
Although the stock on tha 30 is cool, that 35 is outstanding among the 3. Beautiful walnut figure and tone. I bet she is smooth as silk.

Actually today’s HW98 doesn’t have the two-tone finish with the black and now has the hideous gold warning label. Most of the other models have the ugly “Jetsons” laser engraved Beech stocks. So two big thumbs down for Weihrauch.

its How they save some money . Dies to stamp the lettering are costly and wear out..
I agree ,GOLD IS FOR PIRATES AND GANGSTAS. . 😆

That being said ,I’ve been through ALOT of air rifles. Todays HW80 is “the single best production made gun out” Maybe ever now that they have addressed the previous weak points. The front chisel detent and HARDENED BRACKET WITH COCKING ARM BRACKET to control vibration and the NEW COCKING SHOE.. It’s bullet proof now. Yes they use a universal parachute seal but there is NO WEAK POINT .. Now I said Production. It can be made better but it’s base is untouchable.

its How they save some money . Dies to stamp the lettering are costly and wear out..
I agree ,GOLD IS FOR PIRATES AND GANGSTAS. . 😆

That being said ,I’ve been through ALOT of air rifles. Todays HW80 is “the single best production made gun out” Maybe ever now that they have addressed the previous weak points. The front chisel detent and HARDENED BRACKET WITH COCKING ARM BRACKET to control vibration and the NEW COCKING SHOE.. It’s bullet proof now. Yes they use a universal parachute seal but there is NO WEAK POINT .. Now I said Production. It can be made better but it’s base is untouchable.
Totally agree. By far my favorite Weihrauch made today. So much so, I added a custom stock. This one has a touch of gold on the barrel but stamped on the receiver. It’s bone stock and a pleasure to cock and shoot, as is.
1258CEB6-34AA-4A0A-B3B9-E69E00077EFD.jpeg

Totally agree. By far my favorite Weihrauch made today. So much so, I added a custom stock. This one has a touch of gold on the barrel but stamped on the receiver. It’s bone stock and a pleasure to cock and shoot, as is. View attachment 435674
Something is wrong with the picture.. did you flip the negative….. Lewis. Get to you. … 🧐…….…. 🤣

Very nice stock, some simple work and it can shoot SOO much better. If you can take it apart you can do it. If interested hit me up.

Something is wrong with the picture.. did you flip the negative….. Lewis. Get to you. … 🧐…….…. 🤣

Very nice stock, some simple work and it can shoot SOO much better. If you can take it apart you can do it. If interested hit me up.
Thank you so much for the kind offer. I have been tinkering on these Weihrauch’s for over 40 years. I usually gut it new, after a function check, then clean, polish and add a Vortek kit. This 98 however, is a delight to cock and has very little twang. VERY little. It reminds me of my leather seal HW55. I shoot it so well as is I just don’t want to fix it.

Reactions: fishing43

Just for you. CS Stock Ltd did pick out a nice piece of wood. They are incredible people.
7F68D9DA-8D1D-417E-8EDD-630E5FECFB36.jpeg