Classic Carnival Challenge - Shoot out the Red Star Completely with a BB Gun

Shout out to @Flintsack for bringing us all back in time with this post on the Carnival Shooting Game.

As others have mentioned, I tried this as a kid and lost a lot, but had a lot of fun doing it. I figured that this would be a fun challenge, so I am attaching a PDF of two of the star targets that I am printing on card stock to give it a bit more rigidity.

Let's keep these at 10 feet. It is more "true to form" to shoot this with a full auto BB gun, but if you don't have one, I don't see why you can't try it with a regular single-shot BB gun. I think that it should be BBs and not pellets. The point of this challenge is just to shoot out just the star. No Red can be left. Count your shots, and the shooter that can do this in the least number of shots wins!

Thanks again, @Flintsack for the trip down memory lane leading to what I hope is a really fun shooting challenge!

Happy Shooting!

Jonathan

View attachment ShootOutTheStar_PaperTargets_X2.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: Venddoc
I was able to get out today to take this trip down memory lane...and feel bad about my shooting abilities just like old times! It took me 200 shots to shoot out the star. Here is a link to the video:

To do this, I just marked the size of the target on a box with a pencil as shown:
20230323_085430.jpg

20230323_085517.jpg

Use a box cutter and cut out the square just inside the pencil mark:
20230323_085536.jpg

20230323_085620.jpg

Now tape the target to the box:
20230323_085753.jpg

20230323_085805.jpg

I put the target in a step-ladder to get it up high enough to get a shot at it. Here is what my setup looked like:
20230323_101242.jpg

So, I wouldn't have won the mirror on this attempt. 😞

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Shout out to @Flintsack for bringing us all back in time with this post on the Carnival Shooting Game.

As others have mentioned, I tried this as a kid and lost a lot, but had a lot of fun doing it. I figured that this would be a fun challenge, so I am attaching a PDF of two of the star targets that I am printing on card stock to give it a bit more rigidity.

Let's keep these at 10 feet. It is more "true to form" to shoot this with a full auto BB gun, but if you don't have one, I don't see why you can't try it with a regular single-shot BB gun. I think that it should be BBs and not pellets. The point of this challenge is just to shoot out just the star. No Red can be left. Count your shots, and the shooter that can do this in the least number of shots wins!

Thanks again, @Flintsack for the trip down memory lane leading to what I hope is a really fun shooting challenge!

Happy Shooting!

Jonathan

View attachment 342604
Dude! You rock! Made my day.

Mike

Reactions: SkeeterHawk
I thought that it was a good idea to try the Umarex Steel Storm on full auto today to try the "Shoot Out The Star" Challenge. I believe that I shot 198 BBs at it this time, so this would mean that I beat my last score by 2 BBs. This said, I probably shot a number of 4 or 5 shot bursts instead of 6 shots, so I skewed the results a bit. The Steel Storm did a good bit better than the DPMS is the end result. Here is the video:

Here is a picture of the final target, post-annihilation.
20230410_181908.jpg

Here is the Steel Storm used for this video. Note that I didn't use the Red-Dot for the video as we never had one of those as a kid at the carnival:
20230410_174317_SS-Only.jpg

Happy, and safe shooting...on full auto!!

Last edited: