Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod edit. Topic locked. Not Airgun related. 

Who here smokes them? Of those who do, what are your favorites?

I ask because I only recently found that I like them. Before, I thought they smelled like someone burning a wet turd. I am still in the early stages of buying sampler packs, although I have found that I like medium/full bodied cigars more than mellow/smooth cigars.

Also, I know this is cigar blasphemy, but I use several sizes of Missouri Meerschaum corncob pipes to finish off cigars. Especially those that I REALLY like!

I started trying cigars to try and limit my cigarette smoking. Not inhaling with a good cigar is a big plus!

How is this related to air guns? Well, I find myself lighting up a cigar quite often while I am spending hours stalking pests.

Hope I did not violate any forum rules with this post...

Thanks!

Nothing good about ANY tobacco use. My dad died from throat and mouth cancer, mom died of lung cancer, aunt died from emphysema and heart desease, best friend died of heart disease and another friend is on his last leg fighting with emphysema and heart disease right now. I watched as each these family members and close friends deteriorated and suffered horribly for many years as they slowly and painfully slipped into their graves. This was not a pleasant thing for me to go through time and time again. They all knew it was coming but would not end their tobacco addictions.

I don't think trading lung cancer and heart disease for mouth and throat cancer is really much of a deal myself.

My suggestion would be to get as far away from tobacco as you possibly can and be happy to still be alive as I have lost so many.

Nothing good about ANY tobacco use. My dad died from throat and mouth cancer, mom died of lung cancer, aunt died from emphysema, best friend died of heart disease and another friend is on his last leg fighting with emphysema and heart disease right now. I watched as each these family members and close friends deteriorated and suffered horribly for many years as they slowly slipped into their graves. This was not a pleasant thing for me to go through time and time again. They all knew it was coming but would not end their tobacco addictions.

My suggestion would be to get as far away from tobacco as you possibly can and be happy to still be alive as I have lost so many.

Thanks for your reply. However, you did not answer my question. I watched my brother die from liver failure, I watched my grandfather die from lung cancer, I watched my father die from various organ failures, my older brother was murdered.

My point? You're gonna die of something, so enjoy yourself while you are alive.

Thanks!

BTW, my Great-Aunt died from a hip fracture at 99. Smoked cigarettes since she was 12. She died because the fracture meant that she could no longer be independent.

No, I am not saying tobacco use is good. However, we all make choices. We all inherit our genes. I choose to enjoy my life and fully know the possible consequences.

NEXT!

Yup you are right I did not answer your question and you are gonna do what you are gonna do. Dad said the same thing to me as you just did he suffered the most horrible of deaths.

Me I quit tobacco cuz I had kids and, I wanted to be there for them, because they meant more to me than me enjoying myself.

We all have the God given right to make our own choices and I leave you to yours

God bless

Aloha BackStop,

For me it depends on what I’m doing, in the yard working, out on my deck relaxing, or having a nightcap.

I have a couple of favorites, Drew Estates, Macanudo, Olivia, Rocky Patel.

I belong to cigarsinternational cigar of the month club, they send my different cigars to try every month.

Aloha,

Keone

I am not a huge fan of Drew Estate, even though a free sampler pack of DE was what started me liking cigars. The only Macanudo I had (don't recall exactly which one) I did like (smooth/medium), but as I said, I don't recall exactly. I need to start making notes! The Oliva and RP examples I have had, so far, tell me that they are top notch, but again... sampler packs before I even began to know anything about cigars.

My first order of 25 cigars of a single brand were Punch Sierra's. Disappointed. The sampler pack that had a punch cigar said it was a Pita, but the size and band label did not match. It said "Puro"... So I matched the band by picture and guess wrong on size. 

In any case, thanks for the reply! I have about 100 various cigars now of varying prices and strengths. Coolerdor for now, as my "50" cigar humidor ran out of space long ago! LOL! Looking at the Audew JC-48A cooler soon... maybe...

Yeah, sometimes you need to try a lot to find what you like and do not like. I really like the Hemingway's from Arturo Fuente. The short story is a small perfecto cigar that is reasonably priced for what it is. They run about $7-9 for a single or around $5.5-$6.5 if you buy a box of 25. For such a small cigar they have a burn time of about 30-45 minutes. A consistently good cigar in my opinion. Pairs well with a fine single malt.

Yeah, sometimes you need to try a lot to find what you like and do not like. I really like the Hemingway's from Arturo Fuente. The short story is a small perfecto cigar that is reasonably priced for what it is. They run about $7-9 for a single or around $5.5-$6.5 if you buy a box of 25. For such a small cigar they have a burn time of about 30-45 minutes. A consistently good cigar in my opinion. Pairs well with a fine single malt.

Thanks for the reply! I actually get much longer times out of cigars than is usually suggested. Sometimes 3 hours out of a Churchill. However, that is a LONG time to devote to a cigar sometimes. When I am stalking pest, not a problem. (grin) I am trying to find something a little cheaper for everyday. Cigars in that price range and above will only be smoked on special occasions. Like, what is today... Saturday? What a special occasion! Of course, Sunday is special too! (chuckle) And you can't leave out the other days, lest they get jealous. LOL!

Just joined the Double Decker Cigar of the Month Club at CI. Dang Keone! (grin)

Thanks again for the reply!

Not really but i did use to have one for new years evening, and it often got ruined lighting fuses.

But it was excellent stokies sourced from the Cigar smoking father of my friend, which learned to have something good ready for his now adult son and his friend on ney years.

But brands i cant tell, new years evening are also the 1 day of the year when i drink alcohol, and i drink single malt then, so having been like that for 25 years, i am not as good at alcohol consumption like i was when i was young.

So too drunk to recall any Cigar brands to recommend.

Post Edited.

I am a master of going OT, and probably adding more to a post than need to be there, trust me i try to moderate this so it could be much much worse.

First and foremost i think anyone should do as they please as long as others dont have to pay for that or suffer by that, and no i dont think 2 hand smoke is suffering or offending, my friend on the other hand became surprising much whiny ex smoker when he stopped,

O and BTW my friend started to smoke cigarettes again after a few years 😌 so he is now receiving taunting remarks from me, as he also expect to get, CUZ we are very old fashioned and normally when we do stuff we do it for good, and none of us are willing to compromise on anything in general.

But those remarks / taunts are for him going back on his word, not smoking.

Look folks, I am 61, smoked cigarettes since I was 13. So I know what I am doing and I know the risks. I don't inhale cigars, and that is the point compared to cigarettes. If you just want to rant about the evils of tobacco, then please don't post. Please don't be a Karen or Nancy.

If you feel you MUST, then start your OWN thread about the evils of tobacco. Don't hijack this one.

Thanks!

I smoke Macanudo Golds. They are mild. Consistent great flavor. I usually have one a week in front of Trader Joe's while my wife spends 30 mins in there. The people that patronize that place, love the cigar smoke.

Both my parents died at early because of cigarette smoking. Not cigars. Cigars are fine. Cigarettes are no good.

So far, I have enjoyed the few (one I think) Macanudo cigars I have smoked. Been a little while, but I made a mental note that I like Macanudo. Even though I am now favoring medium/full flavored cigars, I would never turn down a Macanudo.

Thanks for the reply!

I quit smoking 30 years ago. Sitting on the patio watching the animals while smoking a good cigar is the only thing I miss about smoking.

Enjoy!

I totally understand. To be honest, smoking tobacco is the one things I wish I never started. But after well over 45 years... I don't lie to myself or anyone else that I am quitting.

Pleasure is where one finds it.

Status
Not open for further replies.