Chuckie(s) 6 & 7 on the year - with multiple guns but NOT the one I build specifically FOR chuckies . . . ( lol )

<grin> Subject says it. I built up a .25 cal RTI Prophet Performance (1st gen) with an upgraded RPB barrel in it. It's dead accurate and I tied for 1st place with another guy @the local field target meet a week or two ago in the first "XFT" meet that they had. It's a shooter. Have any chuckie's even presented themselves to me when I have that gun with me? {sigh}

So earlier today Molly and I were down at the local range as I was sighting in my old .22 Taipan that I just recently re-setup to shoot .217 23g H&N slugs. As of today I have it hitting targets out to 120 yards. I took one of my air tanks with me as I figured I'd need to fill it at least once or twice while ranging it / marking up the turret and when I made a trip over to the car to do just that I thought I saw a chuckie popping up through the grass out in the field. (" ! spidey senses activated . . . chuckie . . .? " ) I quick walk back over to the table that I had been shooting off of and come back to the car so I could range it - it's gone. {sigh} Molly sensing me being on high alert - now she's on high alert and getting amped up. "Chuckie Molly - chuckie! Get it!!" She starts whining / barking - chuckie pops back up. ( "NICE . . . . . !" ) I range it - 70 - 71 yds - quick dial the scope to 70 and send it. Molly bolts off in the direction that I shot and in very short order she's pouncing and thrashing about with her new found prize. The thing is nearly as big as she is and it takes her a couple of times to really get a good hold on it so that she can tote it back in to me. She's quite proud of herself! :ROFLMAO:

Time passes . . . I'm now ranged and accurate from 10 through 100 yds - I can go to 120 in the field that I'm using and I'd like to do that as so far it (the gun) is shooting really well - so I may as well keep stretching it out. I need to air up again - and again - see above - yep - another chuckie popping up out in the field. ( ".... are you kidding me?! " ) Again - same as before - trot back over to the table, grab the range finder, chuckie still standing up out there - little further out this time - 75 yds. Dial it up - DRT. ( "Booyah! " ) Molly - see above - off like a shot, totes it back strutting like a little princess all proud of herself . . . . too funny.

So yeah - 7 chuckies on the year now - NONE with the "big ole' .25" that I built specifically for them. Instead:

3 with my .177 RTI - yeah - .177. ( lol ) --> 18g griffin slugs @905'ish fps
2 with my .22 RTI - same gun as the .25 - gen 1 PP but the the newer RPB barrel --> 26g patriot javelins @957'ish
. . . and today 2 with this .22 Taipan

One of these days the .25 will get it's chuckie(s) but so far the only thing it's killed are a bunch of steel knock down targets. {shrug shoulders} :cool:

chuckie_6_25_jun_2023.jpg

chuckies_6-n-7_25_jun_2023.jpg

<grin> Subject says it. I built up a .25 cal RTI Prophet Performance (1st gen) with an upgraded RPB barrel in it. It's dead accurate and I tied for 1st place with another guy @the local field target meet a week or two ago in the first "XFT" meet that they had. It's a shooter. Have any chuckie's even presented themselves to me when I have that gun with me? {sigh}

So earlier today Molly and I were down at the local range as I was sighting in my old .22 Taipan that I just recently re-setup to shoot .217 23g H&N slugs. As of today I have it hitting targets out to 120 yards. I took one of my air tanks with me as I figured I'd need to fill it at least once or twice while ranging it / marking up the turret and when I made a trip over to the car to do just that I thought I saw a chuckie popping up through the grass out in the field. (" ! spidey senses activated . . . chuckie . . .? " ) I quick walk back over to the table that I had been shooting off of and come back to the car so I could range it - it's gone. {sigh} Molly sensing me being on high alert - now she's on high alert and getting amped up. "Chuckie Molly - chuckie! Get it!!" She starts whining / barking - chuckie pops back up. ( "NICE . . . . . !" ) I range it - 70 - 71 yds - quick dial the scope to 70 and send it. Molly bolts off in the direction that I shot and in very short order she's pouncing and thrashing about with her new found prize. The thing is nearly as big as she is and it takes her a couple of times to really get a good hold on it so that she can tote it back in to me. She's quite proud of herself! :ROFLMAO:

Time passes . . . I'm now ranged and accurate from 10 through 100 yds - I can go to 120 in the field that I'm using and I'd like to do that as so far it (the gun) is shooting really well - so I may as well keep stretching it out. I need to air up again - and again - see above - yep - another chuckie popping up out in the field. ( ".... are you kidding me?! " ) Again - same as before - trot back over to the table, grab the range finder, chuckie still standing up out there - little further out this time - 75 yds. Dial it up - DRT. ( "Booyah! " ) Molly - see above - off like a shot, totes it back strutting like a little princess all proud of herself . . . . too funny.

So yeah - 7 chuckies on the year now - NONE with the "big ole' .25" that I built specifically for them. Instead:

3 with my .177 RTI - yeah - .177. ( lol ) --> 18g griffin slugs @905'ish fps
2 with my .22 RTI - same gun as the .25 - gen 1 PP but the the newer RPB barrel --> 26g patriot javelins @957'ish
. . . and today 2 with this .22 Taipan

One of these days the .25 will get it's chuckie(s) but so far the only thing it's killed are a bunch of steel knock down targets. {shrug shoulders} :cool:

View attachment 367626

View attachment 367627
Good shooting, great dog👍

Reactions: jdanvers
Congratulations on some fine kills and a nice dog. My little Cola (dog) loves it when I shoot an animal. I got my one raccoon a couple weeks ago and while small it weighed almost 8 lbs. Cola grabbed it in the middle and shook it like she does squirrels but it was pretty heavy for her to handle this way - she's about 40 lbs. She throughly enjoyed it like your Molly did the ground hogs.

Reactions: jdanvers