Chuckie #14 has gone to heaven

. . . after a slow start to this year - the chuckie's have started "cooperating" with me a little more and I've actually managed to drop quite a few of them this year. #14 here went earlier today on my way home from work at one of my local dairy farm permissions. I didn't have a "chuckie" gun with me - wasn't specifically going after them - I tote this little pellet shooter with me quite frequently as it is very efficient and very accurate slinging 21g h&n pellets. Cruising the property though - this guy popped in the field that you can see in the background and he was *close*. I was like ". . . this close, I can take him out with a nice clean head shot . . . " Lights out. DRT. 500mm V3, 21.14g h&n pellets @935'ish with a little MTC Copperhead compact scope up top.

chuckie_14_2023.jpg

Sweet! Good shooting on that porker. What kind of pesting action are you getting at your dairies? My two local dairies are no more.😢 Would love a few more permissions but the closest working dairies are two hours away.
Mainly pigeons and starlings. Mornings prove best - better yet when its damp / drizzling out a little bit. ( don't ask me why - for whatever reasons it's sometimes like pigeon-palooza if a little misty / light rain ) This particular dairy is a pretty big operation and this guy makes #6 or so for chuckies at this place too (along with the feathered ones). I'm in central upstate NY and there are (fortunately for me) plenty of dairy farms.

Reactions: L.Leon
Jdanvers hello from Central PA ! Great shot. I've taken a few this year w/ H&N 21gr.s . They seem to be one accurate pellet in most of my guns. I have just picked up my 58th airgun G-hog last week outside #1 rat barn. That guy was taken w/ my Avenger tossing Hades out at over 900fps . I think most any pellet of sufficient weight will do the job in the head /neck area out to under 50yrds .

. . . after a slow start to this year - the chuckie's have started "cooperating" with me a little more and I've actually managed to drop quite a few of them this year. #14 here went earlier today on my way home from work at one of my local dairy farm permissions. I didn't have a "chuckie" gun with me - wasn't specifically going after them - I tote this little pellet shooter with me quite frequently as it is very efficient and very accurate slinging 21g h&n pellets. Cruising the property though - this guy popped in the field that you can see in the background and he was *close*. I was like ". . . this close, I can take him out with a nice clean head shot . . . " Lights out. DRT. 500mm V3, 21.14g h&n pellets @935'ish with a little MTC Copperhead compact scope up top.

View attachment 382577
Nice shooting! Those H&N pellets are some good pellets if your barrel likes them they hit hard and drill nice holes!

Reactions: jdanvers