• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Be safe and make a portable setup so you cant shoot your chrony. Mine has a 4' board with artificial lights and a small pelketvtrap at one end. Then I have blocks of wood about 6 " high to restvthe gun barrel on. Sides on the block to center the barrel. Now each and every shot is the same height over the chrony, with the same lighting, and the same distance from the chrony and gives excellent repeatable results!!! No worries about shooting you new device. When I needcto I can take the whole thing and go anywhere, just plug it in and ready to shoot!! Always the same heught, distance and light for repeatable results. Any variation in height, kighting or distance can alter your reading, so dovthe simple easy thing and make a platform.

Got a green Caldwell last summer. Only been limited a couple times by failing outdoor light, "err2" or "err3" messages occasionally, no big deal. Was inexpensive, runs on a single 9V and there is a spot for a spare backup battery on the unit. Does have a looong cable for plug into phone or tablet if wanna be all sophisticated like. Serves its purpose just fine.

I've been very satisfied with my Prochrono, just try not to shoot it, LOL! My friend got one and killed it the first time he used it. They have a repair service too, it turns out.

I also have been happy with my ProChrono. The spare battery stored with it came in handy when I accidently left it on when I put it away. (It doesn't have an auto timeout unfortunately.) Late afternoon or early morning sun angle sometimes plays hob with it functioning. I have on occasion duct taped some inexpensive LED lights to the the top of the shields (works fine and not as expensive as factory lights). I saw a debris shield on Amazon that "might" prevent expensive repairs.

I can say from my experience that the FX Chrono is not reliable enough to be useful, only reads about 60% of the shots. Tried everything to get it performing consistently, but nope. So it's in the closet. ProChrono has been 99% in good sunlight, going to add a way to use it in less than idea sunlight. 

Also FX always reading 10-15 FPS higher than ProChrono, not sure which one was the accurate speed. 

Prochrono it is. Reasonably priced and as here, got great reviews on amazon.com!!

Thanks people!!

Will

I have a Prochrono also, and I can join the others in recommending it. If you ever decide you want to add a second one for indoor use, I can also highly recommend the Magnetospeed. It operates with magnetic fields that are generated by sensors in the bayonet unit that attaches to the muzzle. It needs no light source and no shooting distance, since the measurement is at the muzzle. I shoot into a trap beside my stool. For outdoor use, once set up, I prefer the Prochrono, since it's quick and easy to use with multiple rifles, as nothing attaches to the rifle. 

I can say from my experience that the FX Chrono is not reliable enough to be useful, only reads about 60% of the shots. Tried everything to get it performing consistently, but nope. So it's in the closet. ProChrono has been 99% in good sunlight, going to add a way to use it in less than idea sunlight. 

Also FX always reading 10-15 FPS higher than ProChrono, not sure which one was the accurate speed.

I would have to say that my experience with the FX Chrono is the exact opposite of yours. Mine is very consistent and accurate (unless the batteries are in down - make sure to have spares on hand). I have tested mine against the ProChrono and they are always within +/-2% of each other. Add to that the ease of use of the FX radar unit, which is impossible to top. The ProChrono needs the light kit for use indoors (I have it, and it works great) whereas the FX radar unit works pretty much everywhere.

By the way, if your FX always reads 10-15 FPS higher than the ProChrono it may have to do with where they are placed. If you hang your FX off the barrel/moderator like most o people do then you may be getting a reading much closer to the muzzle than the ProChrono, especially if you have that set up 2-3 feet beyond the muzzle.

Chris

To all members who recommend the ProChrono DLX, thanks.

I have a new piece of equipment to learn this weekend!!

Will

20210813_235315.1628913456.jpg