• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Chrony help please.

I am trying to set up in my garage to tune my rifles and I am having trouble. I have led light above the photo eyes and the best I can get is 485fps or a error. Do I have to buy the lights made for this or can I do it another way. The lights in the garage lights are off and then tried with the lights on the same either way.

DaveI was having similar problem with my chrony ( competition electronics) , and after purchasing the IR led kit it has been flawless. I have mime set up in basement that just has pull string fixtures. If they make a kit that works with that model I would say its worth the money.

I was tired of struggling with my F1 chrony indoors so I got a pro with IR screens. Not one error in thousands of shots. Put the screens on my F1 before I gave it away, and it also worked perfect. I highly recommend IR screens for any chronograph!!

It really is nice to simply plug in the screens and turn on the chrono with no worries of errors or bad readings and no more fiddling with lights and what not trying to get the chrono to read.

Three bulbs on each light, I'm sure its overkill. I already had this around the house.

So far this has worked for me both on the porch in the evenings and outside at night. I needed to find something to get my F1 Chrony to work in low light, as the days here are soon to be very short.

Your best bet to get LEDs that work is to get battery powered or DC converted lights. Some of them still may not work if the lights are connected to a circuit instead of direct to battery. The sensors on the chrono need to have steady light. I was going to use an incandescent light for mine, but couldn't find one I liked.