• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

chronograph

Bandg

I meant no insult. The machine looks like it came from the Dollar Store. It is to be mounted to the barrel . It is flimsy and cheap but I have heard good things about how good they work.

I got it off Amazon, I would use it when by my self but I don't compare to the FX in looks.

I have to remind my self to refrain at any attemps at humor. I have been working where comments like above are the rule not the exception.

Please accept my apology.

God Bless 

Bobby

Bandg

I meant no insult. The machine looks like it came from the Dollar Store. It is to be mounted to the barrel . It is flimsy and cheap but I have heard good things about how good they work.

I got it off Amazon, I would use it when by my self but I don't compare to the FX in looks.

I have to remind my self to refrain at any attemps at humor. I have been working where comments like above are the rule not the exception.

God Bless 

Bobby

No one understands? Can you post a link or a photo??

Bandg

God Bless 

Bobby

No apology necessary. I thought I was just being funny. Guess not. But I did buy 2 of those units, because they were so cheap and I wanted to try them. They are too small, relatively hard to use UNLESS you attach it to the barrel and I didn't plan to do that. They are actually a bit flimsy and seem like they would be easy to break. Sounds terrible, right? But they are cheap and while the readings are only in m/s, they agreed VERY well with my ProChrono, which I've always been happy with.

Next time, just reach through the screen and slap me. I'd probably shut up.

This is the unit I bought but the price looks to be up about $9 over what I paid-

https://www.amazon.com/VIKKA-Precision-Chronograph-Velocimetry-Chargeable/dp/B08DRJ3JW7/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=chronograph+airsoft&qid=1619232605&sr=8-20

No apology necessary. I thought I was just being funny. Guess not. But I did buy 2 of those units, because they were so cheap and I wanted to try them. They are too small, relatively hard to use UNLESS you attach it to the barrel and I didn't plan to do that. They are actually a bit flimsy and seem like they would be easy to break. Sounds terrible, right? But they are cheap and while the readings are only in m/s, they agreed VERY well with my ProChrono, which I've always been happy with.

Next time, just reach through the screen and slap me. I'd probably shut up.

This is the unit I bought but the price looks to be up about $9 over what I paid-

https://www.amazon.com/VIKKA-Precis...ds=chronograph+airsoft&qid=1619232605&sr=8-20
Thank you very much for your comments comparing accuracy of the cheap $35 chrono to your ProChrono. I just need to use this a couple times - so the less expensive one should be fime.

I have that chronograph, and it seems to work very well. It also will display in FPS. I clamp mine onto the suppressor, which it has slightly scratched in doing so. No big deal for me, my guns aren't safe queens they get used. I knew that was a possibility going the cheap route. I ended up wrapping the clamp with electrical tape which helped. I use the bigger silver c-clamp since I have moderators on all of my guns.

It also struggles to read in the bright sunlight mid day. So I have to use it early or late in the day if it's clear, when the sun isn't high in the sky.

But it's actual speed reading is great, and a bonus that you can now have it display FPS. It is very lightweight as well and battery life seems decent. Overall for the extreme low price I am very satisfied, it does the job I needed it to do. Eventually I'd like to upgrade to the FX unit.

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
I absolutely love that chrono. I use it constantly with moderators - just use the silver hoop piece. It never fails to give a reading and gives very long life on its rechargable battery. Its also very light weigh, so it won’t change PoI on a Weihrauch or RTI barrel, slight PoI change on an FX “barrel“. It will record 40 shots, if you don’t reset after 40, your 41st shot will record as shot #1 and replace its data - so if you write down your shot string every 10 shots (magazine), you can just keep shooting past 40.

I have never had it mar the finish on a moderator or barrel.

Mine only provides meters per second (multiply by 3.281 to get fps).