Chronograph, what’s your opinion?

Some of you maybe remember that we had one radar hack exactly a year ago. Winter is here, you may want to have a closer look what could be done with existing FX radars with a minimum cost ;)

20230316_124125.jpg

What is really a bonus is you can easily shoot at your targets while getting a reading. With the Caldwell I had to stand in a specific position to shoot through the hoops, making sure in right position. After 4-5 guns it’s hard on the back. Plus you’re just mindlessly shooting rounds through hoops, kind of a waste.
‘With the FX and I’m sure the Garmin would be the same. Crow

Reactions: bustachip
What is really a bonus is you can easily shoot at your targets while getting a reading. With the Caldwell I had to stand in a specific position to shoot through the hoops, making sure in right position. After 4-5 guns it’s hard on the back. Plus you’re just mindlessly shooting rounds through hoops, kind of a waste.
‘With the FX and I’m sure the Garmin would be the same. Crow
Yes and for PB's as well.

Reactions: crowski
Yup.. the batteries is impressive on a charge .. heck I think in the whole time I've had mine I charged twice just to charge it ..lol.

The latest I guess can do fps as well and I think they now even have English instructions/ manual..

I had to get a translated one from a GTA forum posting ..lol.

Would I buy again ? Darn right I would ..
What kind do you have & where did you get it from?
Thanks

Give you an idea what the Garmin can do here is 5 shots over it with a rubber band.
View attachment 426299
That was something I contemplated. The FX starts at 400 fps. The Garmin would pickup sling shots as well. Crow
I must be the only fella still using an old F1 chrony I've had it for 10yrs and still works fine
The cronies I have work fine. My problem I have several rifles. I’m changing the springs in all. A crony is a must. And just fine won’t do, I disliked using them my weakest link. This crony is a major time saver for me. Crow

Reactions: bustachip
That was something I contemplated. The FX starts at 400 fps. The Garmin would pickup sling shots as well. Crow

The cronies I have work fine. My problem I have several rifles. I’m changing the springs in all. A crony is a must. And just fine won’t do, I disliked using them my weakest link. This crony is a major time saver for me. Crow
+ Garmin goes up to 5000fps.

After reading all the comments and seeing all the different cronies being used I was simply stating that my 10yr old F1 works fine for Me and once it's set up you can simply pick up airgun after airgun, firearm,bow, slingshot whatever you like and shoot through it and it shows the fps it's the only chronograph I have any experience with I'd like to upgrade and try the FX pocket chronograph it seems pretty easy to set up an use but sometimes things aren't what they seem

Reactions: crowski and Dog
After reading all the comments and seeing all the different cronies being used I was simply stating that my 10yr old F1 works fine for Me and once it's set up you can simply pick up airgun after airgun, firearm,bow, slingshot whatever you like and shoot through it and it shows the fps it's the only chronograph I have any experience with I'd like to upgrade and try the FX pocket chronograph it seems pretty easy to set up an use but sometimes things aren't what they seem
My brother shot my F1, for many years a solid workhorse. Buried mine with a sing springer salute. Replaced with $70 Caldwell, just a bit finicky with light as my old F1. I built IR light stips for indoor use. No complaints from any of my low cost collection...

I must be the only fella still using an old F1 chrony I've had it for 10yrs and still works fine
I have one.. SUCH a PITA to use if you dont have the exact environment...
Issues with lighting - sensitive to *some* LED lights... fluoro lights cause issues

Go to a range here - you *HAVE* to have everything on the bench & cannot be removed without range approval, you also have to hit the target or they get unhappy. So you have to line everything up perfectly - pretty hard when the bench is 1m long, & the chrony takes up a good chunk of that.
You're then hanging off the back of the bench by 2ft trying to line everything up aaaaand.... didnt register a shot.

Really, really picky to get working well - you have to have 9v batteries on the ready, cant save results & download them for analysis & tracking results.

They *can* work ok, but awful to get working in my 15years of experience with mine.

I have one.. SUCH a PITA to use if you dont have the exact environment...
Issues with lighting - sensitive to *some* LED lights... fluoro lights cause issues

Go to a range here - you *HAVE* to have everything on the bench & cannot be removed without range approval, you also have to hit the target or they get unhappy. So you have to line everything up perfectly - pretty hard when the bench is 1m long, & the chrony takes up a good chunk of that.
You're then hanging off the back of the bench by 2ft trying to line everything up aaaaand.... didnt register a shot.

Really, really picky to get working well - you have to have 9v batteries on the ready, cant save results & download them for analysis & tracking results.

They *can* work ok, but awful to get working in my 15years of experience with mine.
I agree she is a tricky b%#ch but I kinda got used to it and I would like to upgrade just not sure to what yet like I said the FX pocket chronograph looks simple enough but I would like to talk to some average guys to see how simple/good it really is only thing I know about the fx chrony is what the guys on YouTube show us however my money doesn't come easy so I want to make sure it's worth the investment