• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Chronograph setup

i needed a way to mount my chrony in my new shooting perch. It’s on the second floor of my barn and is level to my 50 & 100 yd target areas. I don’t like buying batteries and since I’m very forgetful I used to leave the chrony on only to return and find it dead. Simple solution was I got an old 9v DC transformer, after figuring out which lead was positive and which was negative with a multimeter I opened the case of the chrony and soldered the leads to the appropriate battery posts.....no more batteries and I can still put one in there if I’m in an area without power. As for the perch setup it looks like this:

1567360020_20268707195d6c04146d9f94.19863767_A53442E2-883B-47EF-A73A-21F0D5A2E78D.jpeg

I always use the indoor hoods to alleviate any shade issues. There’s a power strip attached to the bottom of that piece of pine and the chrony itself is mounted by the stock mounting bung on the bottom. Now all I have to do is grab that pine board with it attached, clamp it to the table and plug in the power strip. Powers the chrony and the indoor hoods. Simple.