• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Chronie numbers

HW97K 177 new vortek Ho spring, piston seal , breach seal. High of 895. Low of. 874. Over 14. Fpe This is a great improvement from 11 fpe. My HW95 Lfield pro 177 New vortek Ho spring ,piston seal, breach seal low 835. High 844 over 13 fpe this is lower than the ARH spring. Which produced over 14 fpE Both are shooting great , both have around 200 pellets down the tube Since new springs

Pushing up close to 15# on a Vortek HO kit/Vacu-Seal on my 97K. Shoots great, very well behaved.

IMG_4409.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

Good to know I have a vortek HO kit on the shelf waiting for me to quit procrastinating. I’m flip flopping back and forth between 11 fpe and the HO kit.
My 177 97 runs a Vortek kit lass a coil. Maybe a coil and a half. I forget. It runs either side of 14 fpe depending on pellet. Definitely shoots well at that power.

HW97K 177 new vortek Ho spring, piston seal , breach seal. High of 895. Low of. 874. Over 14. Fpe This is a great improvement from 11 fpe. My HW95 Lfield pro 177 New vortek Ho spring ,piston seal, breach seal low 835. High 844 over 13 fpe this is lower than the ARH spring. Which produced over 14 fpE Both are shooting great , both have around 200 pellets down the tube Since new springs
Good outcome and I’m glad that you are pleased with both guns. Also worth noting that although both guns have the same power plant and Vortek internals, you are getting some variation in power. The inherent mystery of spring guns 👍
R

Reactions: Frogy
That's low for the 95 with an AA 8.44. Something is wrong. The Vortek seals start off very tight and can sap energy but they usually fit themselves after a couple hundred pellets and day or two. Somethings not right. If the gun makes good power by only installing the jm or factory spring I would suspect the Vortek inner guide is too tight.

Make sure you don't have metal shavings in the compression tube from the cocking shoe peeling up the outer guide. This can trash the seal and tube and lessen power.

N0 fbe rules where I live so,I don't track it. But, the magic fps for accuracy with my TX200 in .177 is 800. I changed the spring and jumped to 900 with 8.44 and lost a little accuracy. Went to 10.33 pellet which dropped it to 800 fps and bingo, shots in a small hole at 20 meters. I tried sorting by size, pia, plus I did not quite trust it the way the guage works. I started sorting by weight plus lubing with T9. I eliminated stray unexplained shots pretty much.

That's low for the 95 with an AA 8.44. Something is wrong. The Vortek seals start off very tight and can sap energy but they usually fit themselves after a couple hundred pellets and day or two. Somethings not right. If the gun makes good power by only installing the jm or factory spring I would suspect the Vortek inner guide is too tight.

Make sure you don't have metal shavings in the compression tube from the cocking shoe peeling up the outer guide. This can trash the seal and tube and lessen power.
Thanks I’ll take a look. Heck may end up putting the ARH spring back in