• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Christmas Eve Rats!!!

Two weeks ago I put an Aztec Emerald 5.5x25x50m FFP SF IR on my deadly Compatto. But the only things I've shot through the new scope were targets and my rubber rats. I've had the Red Squirrel who thinks he owns the barn in my sights. But I like his brashness and am giving him a pass. Finally got to use it at the dairy, got there about 11:30 am and after greeting the farm dogs. Set up and immediately spotted a rat at 50 yards. I dialed to 25x and adjusted the SF, had the reticle illuminated (green). Put the center dot on the rat as he was facing me and sent a 15.89 JSB downrange. I clearly saw the rat take the impact and it was lifted onto its hind legs and flopped back. Excited went down, retrieved the carcass and took a photo. Went back to glassing the area 50 yards away, out of the corner of my eye I saw movement to my extreme left 25 yards away, there were 5 rats in the corner! Dialed down to 12x adjusted focus and switched the Compatto to low power. Thwack! number two was in the bag, waited a few moments and number three was down. Now I was getting cocky and said mentally to myself, next rat is down for sure, and promptly missed next shot. 
rolleyes.gif

Anyway I let the two carcasses lay expecting more action, when the dastardly farm dogs came in and stole the bodies. My time was limited so I had to leave, I took four shots and killed three rats in less than an hour I will return. The scope has been great so far, I need more time afield with it. All my shots would have been extremely difficult for me without an illuminated reticle. So far I am really liking the reticle as the center point does not obscure the target or POI, there is 1 MOA of clearance all around the center the dot. Merry Christmas to all, excepting them dirty rats.

1545682135_857664825c213cd7ce7604.28077189_122518_xmas eve rat1.jpg

Nice gun and scope!!!

You see rats during the day?

@Bob yes, I’m seeing them during the day. Went back at night once and saw none because I lack the proper equipment. At some point I’ll have a dedicated night hunting rig. Will be going back later this week. Also am working on a new permission that has mucho rats.