• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Christmas Day fun

@TMH Looks like good times. Please tell me y’all were shooting Elf on the Shelf elves. Thanks for sharing the photos. For some reason I find myself looking at people’s feet positioning while shooting from the bench.

@Bigragu What sort of backstop are you using with that steel frame?
None. Open isolated field behind it. From my position on the bench out to the targets I am at a slight uphill angle so alll my shots will end up in that field dirt more than likely 25 yards after shots pass the target.

All 9 shooting benches were filled, so I had more assistance in de-decorating the Christmas tree (and taking care of the Xmas themed cocktail picks, especially the mooning elves) this year. This group made quite short work out of that tree! ('Sorry' to those who had snow - we were in the 70's this year for Christmas) ;)

View attachment 316999

View attachment 316997View attachment 316998
Tom, I’m jealous!

Jealous of both the range and the weather. But mostly the weather…

No snow in Connecticut, but it was 10 degrees F on Friday night and still cold today.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Holidays!

Chris

Finally got my 100 yard target set up for January first start up practice. The plan of the steel frame swivel target frame holder came out so so sweet and as planned. Between the two set ups, I’ll have plenty to shoot up before i have to swap out target sheets.

It’s at a perfect location, as the winds come off the hills to the right and swoop down and across my parcel.

View attachment 316872View attachment 316873View attachment 316875View attachment 316876View attachment 316877
Thanks for sharing Augie. Merry Christmas

None. Open isolated field behind it. From my position on the bench out to the targets I am at a slight uphill angle so alll my shots will end up in that field dirt more than likely 25 yards after shots pass the target.
@Bigragu Doesn’t the wire behind it take beating or is the target placed above the wire?

My two Christmas shots were two
Christmas MISSES.... 😖

● One from a "rest" that was not resting at all.... (a big steel spring).
Yeah, great choice, I know.... 🤦‍♂️

● The other was a 64y shot where I simply ignored the wind.
But the wind wasn't as inconsiderate as I... — the wind considered my pellet!
And pushed it a whole mil to the side so it would safely clear the feral Christmas pigeon. 🤦‍♂️

I could feel lousy about myself — but then again, I will count my blessings.
I got no covid (like Vetmx), my family loves me, and we're celebrating Christmas with those who are far away from their families. 😊

Matthias

PS: Frank, get well soon!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigragu
Nice set up! I think many are over thinking a few things. You are shooting an airgun not a 308 or something. You clearly don’t need a backstop. Can tell just from the landscape. If by chance you hit the wooden fence I think it will survive a 100 yards from an airgun. You would have to hit it a crap load to hurt it. Lol

Reactions: Bigragu
Nice set up! I think many are over thinking a few things. You are shooting an airgun not a 308 or something. You clearly don’t need a backstop. Can tell just from the landscape. If by chance you hit the wooden fence I think it will survive a 100 yards from an airgun. You would have to hit it a crap load to hurt it. Lol
Yeah like I mentioned earlier once my scope is dialed and zeroed it’s mostly the side to side winds I have to deal with with the occasional push down on the pellet but not enough to completely miss my target paper. In order to hit the wood fence or outside that steel frame my scope has to be really off or a crazy wind come in

I used that same toilet seat extender last spring to June to hold my mulch bucket target holder and there’s not one pellet shot into that

Reactions: Trucker3573
All 9 shooting benches were filled, so I had more assistance in de-decorating the Christmas tree (and taking care of the Xmas themed cocktail picks, especially the mooning elves) this year. This group made quite short work out of that tree! ('Sorry' to those who had snow - we were in the 70's this year for Christmas) ;)
Great Idea on the Christmas tree target. Gotta remember that one or adapt it to other holidays.