• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Chopped STX Superior STD from 600mm to 480mm

I've seen this question pop up every once in a while so I wanted to share results. My liner is grafted into a bottled Marauder based gun. Originally it was tuned with the reg around 1300psi and shooting Kings around 900fps. After chopping 120mm off the muzzle velocity dropped to 850fps. Accuracy didn't seem to be affected, the 100 yard target below is typical of this me shooting this gun. It will do better when in more capable hands.

dNWdNU1.jpg

I turned my reg up to 1500psi and after tuning hammer strike to match velocity was back to 895-900fps with JSB Kings

This morning I shot another target, again groups of 5 at 100 yards. The top right, I do not know what happened there. I just couldn't get it together.

9txeQQK.jpg

The lower left is the best group I believe this gun has done in any caliber/energy level. It has caliber change kits from 30fpe in .22 up to 120fpe in .300.

Anyway, I wanted to share a real world example of shortening an STX Superior by cutting at the muzzle end.

For those interested, this is my Marauder based contraption...

QdetxPk.jpg