Chokes and velocity

I’m going to make the shaft longer because I would cut some shaft off your adjustment screw. That long spring guide shaft on the adjustment screw is going to be a waste of weight we can be adding. You need to leave enough on the screw to accept the spring. You can always trim the piece I send you.

Oops. Just saw your post. Then 12mm it is.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I’m going to make the shaft longer because I would cut some shaft off your adjustment screw. That long spring guide shaft on the adjustment screw is going to be a waste of weight we can be adding. You need to leave enough on the screw to accept the spring. You can always trim the piece I send you.

Oops. Just saw your post. Then 12mm it is.
Yep, I had already thought to basically flip it to the hammer side for added weight.

I added a smashed 357 pellet to the rear of hammer. It brought me up to 730 fps, so definitely getting somewhere. I still think I need to shave the valve to get more stem to protrude, and then add to the striker face since these hammers stop on that receiver lip inside and only travel as far as the stock stem length.
Was the pellet seated past the port?

Conversion on a gun that only normally goes up to 25 cal. I could tear it down again and weigh the hammer, but it's decently heavy.

I haven't opened the throat of the valve up or trimmed the OD of the poppet. Didn't want to mess up the valve seat. Valve should be larger anyways, it's from a 357 gun.

I basically took a bighorn 357 barrel and valve/drop block and modified an NP03 action block to fit them. So I am running a shorter/lighter hammer than the bighorn. Guess that would mean less hammer stroke as well. The BH action is about 3/4" longer on the rear than the standard puncher blocks for the larger hammer.
I think you just hit on your problem there.

I feel like i'm watching you guys work on this as i'm reading it 🤣 this is awesome lol
1000006724.gif