Chokes and velocity

Got the bugs worked out I think. I ordered a jumbo hammer which is longer and heavier than the standard hammer, and has the sear face in the same location as the shorter action. It weighed in at 63 grams vs 41 grams of my np03 hammer.

I cut it down to allow more spring tension and then drilled it out for the 12mm springs. Got down to 47 grams, and then added the VetMx brass weight/guide which brought it up to 52 grams.

Also found out the Biathlon lever was bent at the back and causing the bolt to not fully seat and leak air. Also the reason why it was so damn hard to cock. It's much better now.

I'm now getting 21 shots averaging 835 up to 855 and down to 820. So 3 full mags in the curve. It's quieter and much more powerful! 130 fpe sure will knock some critters flat out stupid!

And now you finally have a good barn gun. Now go shoot down a barn with it.
During this whole process I've come to the realization that I don't even need a big bore. It was more of a "can I do it?" thing. The itch has been scratched. I'll probably hold on to it for awhile and eventually sell it to someone who will get some use out of it.

Got a chance to take the 357 out to 50 yards today. This was the result.

1000007036.jpg

7 shot full mag. First 2 shots were the lower right ones, then it's on til about half of 3rd/last mag and starts to drop. Easy enough to compensate. Rifle is also wearing a 3x9x40 CVLife junk scope. Looking into better glass now.

I set up a 2x4 to check penetration, and it went right through it and lodged in an oak log behind the 2x4. It's in there about 1/2"-3/4" or so. Not bad at all... should work on starlings.

1000007037.jpg
1000007038.jpg
1000007039.jpg
1000007041.jpg