Choice help (weihrauch analysis paralysis)

The underlever is extremely durable and used by many FT shooters who practice and shoot matches with great regularity. The underlever can be fairly easily removed by drifting out a pin at the pivot point. Underlevers will likely always be more expensive as there are more machining and parts involved (sliding breach, underlever, underlever catch/release, etc)

Reactions: Bolillo
Considering underlevers...I suggest you watch AEAC's HW97 .177 review video, and Steve's "in home blog" about the HW97, AOA has .177's in stock at least their web site says so...I got a .20 a few months ago and have been VERY impressed with it...out of the box accurarcy and build quility...may be a little more money but something to consider, (first group out of the box sitting 25yds).
0512211121.1627217951.jpg
0505211416.1627217951.jpg

Considering underlevers...I suggest you watch AEAC's HW97 .177 review video, and Steve's "in home blog" about the HW97, AOA has .177's in stock at least their web site says so...I got a .20 a few months ago and have been VERY impressed with it...out of the box accurarcy and build quility...may be a little more money but something to consider, (first group out of the box sitting 25yds).
0512211121.1627217951.jpg
0505211416.1627217951.jpg

Seems like a fantastic rifle!!! The one that I really like from these fixed barrel rifles is the hw97 kt , the thumbhole wooden stock as it combines more modern ergonomics with classic beautiful checkering!!! Only problem is that I would like to get it in .177 and it's not available at the moment. Also getting a scope for it would be kind of a hustle since a license is required around here in order to get a scope.

All are solid ideas listed above for the reasons each says.

I can say I have all HW80s (all calibers) HW95s (all calibers) and HW35Es (Silver and Blue in both .177 and .22).

I also have had all calbers except .25 in HW50. (the .20 is kind of harder to find but worth it especially in the HW50 machine)

The only HW50s I have now are .20 scoped and .20 unscoped (each dedicated to their own sight to prevent worry about POI shift with the dedicated sight).

I would lean toward the HW95 or HW95L or best, the HW98.

The HW80s are indeed heavy, long, touchy, and vastly overpowered for what accuracy and a bit less power provides (I.e. the HW98--perfect balance of all).

If more power than an HW95 or 98 is needed, I'd suggest the D54 sidelever. I liked the model first time I tried it out (donated for my use for two months by Hector in .20).

The D54 is a robust rifle, but IT MAKES YOU SLOW DOWN between shots to make the MOST of each shot--and it IS RECOILLESS. No recoil that you feel AT ALL!

I will always support the HW95/95L/98 before the HW80 or HW35E or HW50.

But in the face of the D54 every rifle I own now does take a back seat to its ability and accuracy.

Kindly,

The underlever is extremely durable and used by many FT shooters who practice and shoot matches with great regularity. The underlever can be fairly easily removed by drifting out a pin at the pivot point. Underlevers will likely always be more expensive as there are more machining and parts involved (sliding breach, underlever, underlever catch/release, etc)

The price difference is not all that great around here. Thing is, is the under lever so much better that a good break barrel (hw95/98)?

Again, pardon my ignorance, I don't have any experience with either of these guns and I'm trying to learn as much as I can .

Better is most often obscure and opinion based, better how? The fixed barrel guns have gained a reputation for being extremely accurate and less prone to have barrel droop and side to side play over break barrels. Each system has its advantages and drawbacks, weight is usually more in underlevers, loading convenience is a plus for break barrels. Cost is usually higher for underlevers, lower for break barrel guns... As is often the case the individual needs to decide which has the most attributes that suits them or have a variety of each and cover all the bases. Best to test for yourself as many different airguns as you can because in the end the best judge of what's best for you is you. 

The price difference is not all that great around here. Thing is, is the under lever so much better that a good break barrel (hw95/98)?

Again, pardon my ignorance, I don't have any experience with either of these guns and I'm trying to learn as much as I can .

DualMagmike is the EF Hutton of springer airguns. Nuf said.

It gets difficult deciding with opinions varying so much, then other tangents getting thrown into the mix.

True HW97/77 are lasers, but they also weigh a ton, i gave up a 95 to get a 77 against others advice here, just cause I like the idea of a under lever. But after getting it, and holding it, I started to see I may have made a mistake, got worse after i put a scope on it. Loved the accuracy though.

I traded it back for another 95.

I did get a 30s not long ago, but sold it cause it was like a children’s toy, LOP was uncomfortable, liked the weight, or the lack of.

I tried all the Turkey springers, gamo, benji, diana is a runner up, but in my humble opinion is, if you want ALL metal with wood construction. Weihrauch kinda stands alone, dont go beeman, they are hit and miss, and have a lot of Chinese builds.

Just my own experience, i touched a lot of oven burners, till i started listening to other members here.

Unless your 30 was altered the LOP is the same on it as is the R9 and even the R1. Common misconception that it is a youth rifle, it is not except for its weight.

Something different; the hw50 is said to have a "chisel detent". If I recall correctly I read the same about the hw30s. How does this differ to the othe hws?

They were sold as beeman, but beeman didnt manufacture them. From Pyramyd air site:

”The HW77 MKII Carbine is related to one of the first - and finest - underlever field target rifles ever made. Born in the famous Weihrauch plant in Germany, the Carbine has returned to the Beeman line due to overwhelming popular demand.”

its the same as RWS (umarex) selling Diana, and calling them their own.

Very, very old news. Beeman developed both the R1 which the HW80 came from and the P1 which the HW45 came from, not the other way around. Beeman NEVER claimed they made anything, they are an importer which greatly increased the availability of airguns to the US market. The makers, Beeman and consumers all benefitted from this arrangement. To say "don't go Beeman" is a misleading statement as they sold airguns made by top companies for decades.