Chipmunks in the shed - Leshiy Classic Sub 12 (.177 / .22) / ATN

Leshiy Classic .177 shooting 10.3s @ 12flbs

1655046128649.png

1655045953474.png

1655046058469.png

1655046181079.png

Last edited:
I assume these 10.3s are the Exact Heavy and not the Hades? Are you getting any pass through at 12 FPE?

Also, I'm curious if you've tried any other shroud inserts or other moderators on your DFL adapter? If so has the Fatboy been the quietest in 177?

I don't have much time with my Leshiy Classics in 177 but even at 12 FPE it is a bit loud with the stock insert or even the STO. I have a 177 Akula that works well but is a bit of a pain to align and adds a couple of inches. I do have one of the DonnyFL 1/2 UNF barrel adapters but haven't purchased a moderator to try on it yet.

How do you like your ATN for daytime hunting? I am pretty tempted to get a night sight of some sort and wondering if I can expect it to be adequate for daylight work, or if it pales in comparison to a normal scope.
Hey Pud - I got the LTV 5-15 so no bells and whistles which is fine by me.. I got use to it pretty quick.. I would rather use glass during the day but for capturing video there is nothing better and obviously great @ night.. The illuminators are not up to my needs so I picked up a $24 LED IR Flood light off Amazon for the back yard.. No need for flashlights or batteries etc.. Lit up like daylight thru the LTV..

1655399379723.png

Last edited:
I assume these 10.3s are the Exact Heavy and not the Hades? Are you getting any pass through at 12 FPE?

Also, I'm curious if you've tried any other shroud inserts or other moderators on your DFL adapter? If so has the Fatboy been the quietest in 177?

I don't have much time with my Leshiy Classics in 177 but even at 12 FPE it is a bit loud with the stock insert or even the STO. I have a 177 Akula that works well but is a bit of a pain to align and adds a couple of inches. I do have one of the DonnyFL 1/2 UNF barrel adapters but haven't purchased a moderator to try on it yet.
Hey Scout - Air Arms 10.3s with OEM baffle, pushing 715 to 725fps, the adapter from EGW along with a Fatboy and this is stupid quiet.. Honestly the pellet impact sounds 100x louder. I have tried the SUMO, TANTO and the KOI and FATBOY is best to my ear but all seem pretty quiet at 12ft lbs...

I do get an occasional pass thru depending on placement.. you can see in the video Chippy in the Shed2 that it passed right through said chippy into the trap.. Even so not much umph left to damage much else..

Note. Have to be mindful not grab rifle by the moderator.. I did in a rush and it bent the 1/2 UNF post on the adapter ever so slightly and it started clipping..

I have another Classic Leshiy (250mm .22) with the 350MM extension and DonnyFL baffle (no longer sold) and its better than stock but not as good as the .177 adapter / FATBOY IMO.. However the OEM 350mm extension you can probably hammer nails with and it should be fine..

Last edited:
Hey Scout - Air Arms 10.3s with OEM baffle, pushing 715 to 725fps, the adapter from EGW along with a Fatboy and this is stupid quiet.. Honestly the pellet impact sounds 100x louder. I have tried the SUMO, TANTO and the KOI and FABOY is best to my ear but all seem pretty quiet at 12ft lbs...

I do get an occasional pass thru depending on placement.. you can see in the video Chippy in the Shed2 that it passed right through said chippy into the trap.. Even so not much umph left to damage much else..

Note. Have to be mindful not grab rifle by the moderator.. I did in a rush and it bent the 1/2 UNF post on the adapter ever so slightly and it started clipping..

I have another Classic Leshiy (250mm .22) with the 350MM extension and DonnyFL baffle (no longer sold) and its better than stock but not as good as the .177 adapter / FATBOY IMO.. However the OEM 350mm extension you can probably hammer nails with and it should be fine..

I understand now. I thought your Leshiy with the Fatboy had the discontinued DonnyFL adapter than works with the 350mm barrel. Yours is the product that is screwed onto the end of the stock insert and used with a 250mm barrel.

I have the former that I haven't tried yet.

I also have the DonnyFL V2 extended baffle that you mentioned. As I recall I didn't have good luck with in in 177, presumably because it's sized for at least 25 caliber and maybe 30.