• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Chip in piston

BDX

Sep 4, 2018
CA
I just spent about an hour after doing a AGN search on the Omega Super charger. I guess Todd at AoA must be The Man. Did they, either AoA or Omega, ever sort out what was causing so many of the chipped pistons I kept reading about? I mean I’d pay extra to have it checked out ahead of time if it’s as common as it seemed.

Seems like a decent enough compressor but one criticism was the Omega was using outdated technology and said checkout a Daystate. Yeah well I did and doggone it, the prices must have gone up on those since that post was written, in fact on both compressors!

But hey we’re taking about compressors not bike pumps, so it is what it is. Right now I’m fighting off insane urges on abou 4 other accessories and must haves. Heaven help the besotted air gunner, poor AirGun Ho’s all; every last man woman and child of us. 

My Omega Super Charger arrived brand new with a chipped piston rod, I was not aware that anybody else had this problem. The only thing bad about the experience was racking up so many hours on the unit before shipping it back to AoA and having Todd run through the entire machine trying to find out what was wrong. There were times when the unit would work perfectly, times when it would fill to 1800 psi and quit building pressure (when that happened I would let it sit over night and fire it up in the morning and it would work like there was nothing wrong), times when it would not build any pressure at all, a lot of times when we checked to see if there was a air leak because nothing was making any sense in the way the compressor was behaving ... it just really didn't enter into our minds that the piston could have a chip at the bottom … and then again the chip wasn't a complete break off from the rod, more like a crack that sometimes would seal the compression and other times not … very frustrating. But I was not aware that others had experienced the same problem. As far as outdated technology, I'm not too sure about that. Since the rod was replaced ... and Todd went over it with a fine tooth comb replacing anything and everything that looked like it had any wear and tear on it … I have had no real trouble out of it other than a water pump going bad on me which was no big deal. Todd sent me a new one, hooked the hoses up to it, filled it back with water, primed the pump and away she went. Todd is a good man to have on your side when the doo doo hits the fan and will do everything he can to help you get the unit up and running. A lot of places simply want your money and then forget all about you and certainly don't want to hear about any problems you may be having … Todd is not that kind of person … Omega and AoA should consider themselves very fortunate to have someone like Todd working for them.