N/A Chinese side lever .177

Diamond in the rough...I spent hrs. shooting the last 2 days. This is a blast. Played tin can down for most part at 15- 30 yds. Like it so much I am going to get another that is in mint condition.
1000000947.jpg
1000000946.jpg

I have a minty QB58 .22 that I never got excited about. I really like break barrels. I just don't click with side or undies levers. eBay when I get around to it.
Nice little gun though. Thought I'd like it. Now I know. I don't!
Hey I hear you, but this different for me. Don't burn me at the post. I have far more decent air rifles but these take me back to affordable times. I got here on my own. God bless my parents!

Oh, I get it friend. And I'm pretty sure I would have relished any pellet rifle my parents bought for me as a youngster. Mom and Dad were very frugal. I have 5 brothers and 4 sisters. So I mostly dreamt of them. Did get my hands on powder burners though. Hunted on our farm and neighbors too; lots. Will never, ever part with my cheap little Glenfield single shot .22 that got my first squirrels and dropped many treed coon. Was the perfect size to be slung across my back following the hound across a ridge or where ever to the tree. Barrel upside down so as not to snag brush. Teenage nights in the mid 70's.
In the early eighties I was able to finally buy my own pellet gun like I had dreamt of. Still living that dream.....

I've long admired the basic layout of the TS-45, a compact fixed-barrel sporter with that elegant tapered barrel and FWB-ish sidelever. Wonder why HW - or FWB themselves? - never took a stab at that layout? Just imagine it with more consistent quality control, a nicer stock, and a Rekord trigger! The small size and short lever don't lend themselves to high power, an issue to company bean counters I guess...but a legion of R7 fans could tell you that's not necessarily a problem.

You might enjoy Tom Gaylord's comments on this one. DO take proper precautions when loading!

Last edited:
Reactions: JimBentley
I've long admired the basic layout of the TS-45, a compact fixed-barrel sporter with that elegant tapered barrel and FWB-ish sidelever. Wonder why HW - or FWB themselves? - never took a stab at that layout? Just imagine it with more consistent quality control, a nicer stock, and a Rekord trigger! The small size and short lever don't lend themselves to high power, an issue to company bean counters I guess...but a legion of R7 fans could tell you that's not necessarily a problem.

You might enjoy Tom Gaylord's comments on this one. DO take proper precautions when loading!

Always feel honored when you respond. My thoughts were the same in some respects going to the Chinese. Imagine if China did this today, it would be out of the park. Take SnoPeak for instance. I purchased this at a premier Wi. gun Saturday. It is a little rusty but will come clean, bore like chrome. A little while later back at the show I spot another 1 that is mint at 5 times the cost. I will see it again soon, I hope. Thanks for the reads.

Reactions: MDriskill

That Tom Gaylord is a hoot. He had me giggling while reading his take on the 45. I must have got a good 1. It is a bit loose in the cocking lever but such smooth shooter and such a joy to shoot. My groups are like Tom's best using Crosman Premier wadcutter. Done!

Reactions: MDriskill
Just watch your fingers with those Chinese, sliding breech designs. Especially the TS45 shown above. They were said to have failed a few times and the breech closed as the shooter was loading. Evidently, a pellet dropped into the action while it's open can get lodged in the anti-beartrap and cause it to fail.

I have had 3 TS45 elites and still have my original I bought from Paul Landrith in the late 80s. Definitely heed the warnings on these guns as far as holding the sidelever and loading it, while a nice shooter the mechanism can fail and I have a scar on my palm from 25yrs ago when mine failed on me. Glad it was just my palm and not a finger!

Just watch your fingers with those Chinese, sliding breech designs. Especially the TS45 shown above. They were said to have failed a few times and the breech closed as the shooter was loading. Evidently, a pellet dropped into the action while it's open can get lodged in the anti-beartrap and cause it to fail.
Been there along time ago, narrowly escaped! Lesson learned. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm kinda digging the whole "have the most fun with the least" that this thread offers.

I gotta confess that I spend more time shooting the old Crosman760 than anything else. Sometimes less complicated is better.

A friend offered me his old chinee B3. Perhaps I'll pick it up and try it. It can't be worse than the Quest 1000...

Cheers,

J~