• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Chinese Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I can't get my thoughts across in a post. 1st I don't blame China or the Chinese people for this virus. This virus doesn't care who you are, your race or position in life makes no difference. Political, every leader all the way back to old honest Abe has made mistakes. I may not have done as good as the worst of them. The only point I was considering is buying American made is almost impossible. For American manufacturing to come back will be a long hard road. My point about a lathe or a transformer is this. These are staple components that most manufacturing would come from. I know I can buy a 60's American lathe. The lathe is a good indicator of how long manufacturing has been going away from America. it started decades ago and will take decades to come back. My mention of the president is only to point out one person or one position can not make this change. If I thought I could just set back and wait for a leader of any kind to change America I would be a fool. For us to change we have to come together. We may have to put our race or views aside. Look at the reservoirs built at the turn of the century. People from all walks of life came together because the economy everywhere made people leave the family farm or their country. Some of the greatest innovations came from these projects. Disasters can have great outcome. We need, "our countries" need to work together diversity can be a great strength. 

I think the QUALITY of the product should play a part in deciding what is purchased.

as an example. Harley Davidson used to advertise "made in the U.S.A."...really?

I am not aware of any American made springer that's as well made as HW, Diana/RWS or AA.

we are living in a "global" economy whether, or not, we like it. it would be extremely difficult to change that into a "Made in America" only economy.

no, china is NOT our friend, or ally, but it is a symbiotic relationship now that will, most likely, take generations to change.

😒

1588545136_13383856925eaf46707af211.42083604.png

Today this was the news....

https://www.dailywire.com/news/pompeo-says-enormous-evidence-virus-came-from-wuhan-lab

Yeah i believe they were sloppy (negligent) and something slipped out. Meanwhile our dictator Trudeau gives them tonnes of our medical PPE in January (items we need) and Friday banned 1500 guns because they look scary. Does nothing to fight actual illegal guns entering the county. You can say im pissed. 

Will i do anything radical? No but the truth is the truth. Send them the bill!

FYI,

But let's forget about trying to put blame on China or Asians for the virus, let's focus on air guns. The problem is we want quality but because everyone want to get something for ultra cheap we are creating the reason for companies to take advantage of countries with cheap labor. How much money can an air gun company make if their gun sells for less than $500? Air guns are not a huge market so the more we want a Diana/RMS, FX, HW, Anshutz, Feinewerkbau, Ataman, Air Force, etc. for cheap then the more cheap quality practices will continue to occur. Fortunately many of us do buy quality brands at higher prices so if that continues then it will prevent inferior quality guns from being on the market. It comes down to greed and the consumers wanting only the lowest cost. Not everyone realizes quality and values it in air guns as many of my fellow fire arm owners think I am crazy spending thousands on a air gun costing more than their AR-15

There are quality parts made from China but that is when manufacturers closely manage the workflow, quality, etc. but that is not as common because of greed. Most of the name brand quality high technology companies have parts that are reliable made in China and they often will ship them back to the US and assemble them. Some even do most of their manufacturing at places like China and still produce quality, but there are way more companies making inferior goods to meet consumers expectation of cheap prices. Guess what most of that US high technology assembly is done by Asian Americans.

I do think that we Americans do have many with the skill to build quality air guns as there are many machine shops and metal skilled companies. Air guns are a niche market so while there are many of those small job shop firms that it would be great to help they would need a large company to sub contract parts, etc. so they would know what to make. That is also assuming that our economy being so weakened will not affect all of us spending good money on air guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.