• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Chinese Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big fan of several Chinese-made airguns, and have written several chapters about them; not at all the Communist Chinese party and system. I won't support that system any more.

1588011256_18240323735ea720f8bcf0f5.75008530.jpg

1588011318_15023352635ea72136e6ced2.49685087.JPG

1588011346_315774835ea721522ced10.86324397.JPG

1588011457_12280469445ea721c18598d0.47968645.JPG

Voy a comenzar a ser particular de ahora en adelante para tratar de no comprar ningún producto Airgun chino. Sé que puede ser difícil, especialmente cuando se trata de óptica y pistolas de aire más baratas. ¿Qué dicen ustedes?

Most companies manufacture their components in China and then assemble them at their original destination.

I been doing that for years (avoiding Chinese) whenever possible, on ALL products. My feelings are only stronger, now that the wet market running, bat wing eating people havew unleashed yet another zoonotic virus on the world and kept it a secret as long as possible. I hope the industrialized countries that exported all the pollution and jobs while breaking their arms patting themselves on the back about what they've done for the planet will wake up and start to distance themselves from China. I think if they do, it will, be slowly; they want to ease out so they don't lose all the money they've invested there. If companies would avoid locating to countries like that, not as many people would be going there and coming back and bringing new diseases with them. Can they learn from their greed? I don't know. The temptation of low labor costs is great. It's about the money. It's always about the money.

I am going to start being particular from now on to try not to buy any Chinese Airgun products. I know it may be difficult especially when it comes to optics and cheaper airguns. What say you guys?

You say you are going to try not to buy Chinese air gun products. What about other products such as electronics etc? I admire your effort here but I think it may be too little too late. At the present time I am more concerned with the automakers. I have been a Chevy man all my life and have owned Silverado trucks but the next one will not be a Chevy because the model I want is assembled in Mexico. I want to be clear that I have no problem with the Mexican folks building trucks. I do however have a problem with a US manufacturer taking US jobs to any country and paying the workers $20 a day and bringing the product back to the US and selling it for the same price that the US built trucks are sold for. Actually airguns for me are pretty simple. Crosman rifles and Leupold scopes. While this won't work for many it works for my skill level.

this comes up at least ounce a week,problem with too many ,it is only a recent decision.I remember when I did the same thing with Japanese products,only to find out quality is quality no matter where it comes from.....so then why not boycott the Eguns from Russia?

I am going to be blunt,it is money and profit that runs the world,if there is no profit to be made China would never have become as "strong" ,another thing Chinese which pisses me off =USA universities training Chinese Nationals,giving "Them "an education paid by the communist government...looky here,we fook ourselves everyday in everyday because someone is making money by doing it.

Don't buy sounds good to me,but don't forget the truth,it really is for your satisfaction and values,big business does not give a damm about you.

I have been pulled in both directions for years. My first chinagun was a CP1. Then a compressor, more CP1's, P15, PP700, Bandit, PP800 and Discovery scopes. I was curious about their junk and had fun cutting my teeth on fabrication using those cheap guns as platforms. The problem is, in the airgun world, some guys will be out of the hobby because they cant afford expensive guns and scopes. Heck, some guys are waiting for stimulus checks just to buy a Hatsun and a china pump. Just not sure if there is an answer. They have the world over a barrel and its not a good place to be. Just because I can rid myself of china stuff and keep my FX, Edgun, Taipan, RTI and BSA doesn't mean everyone can, so therefore I am not the person to try to persuade guys to do so.

Take a look at where you're currently at and I can guarantee you that at least one product in arms reach is made in China. It's sad but so true. As I type this on my Samsung Note 8, I'm pretty sure the plastic cellphone case is made in China if not the cellphone itself. Although in this hobby, I take pride in purchasing from the country of my choosing and not China. In regards to everything else, can we really afford to live without cheap Chinese crap?

The problem can also be blamed on the fact that we all like to get the products we use for the lowest price possible. That is common sense as well as human nature. When China got into the mix, they were able to produce our products, be it by stealing our technology or contracting with our corporations to make the product.

How many years passed by before the general public even suspected that our big brand names passed their goods on to us that were once made here, but no more.

The government and big business is a large part of the problem, but we also have ourselves to blame and I am as guilt as the rest by not being vigilent in looking at the country of origin when I pick something up and even buying it if I can find a "made in America" label on an equal product.

The sad part is that in a short time, people will forget, even those that are trying to do something about the Chinese manufacturing situation and go right back to their standard purchasing practices. Big business and the government will do the same.

We are not getting it much cheaper. The companies are getting it cheaper, and we are pretty much still paying the price for garbage, but since they are all doing it, we have little choice or there is nothing to buy. The truth is, the only ones benefiting are the companies. They buy it cheaper, but pass little of the cost savings on to the consumer.

...and yes we are to blame. Anyone who directly or indirectly has stock in a company seeking a higher and higher return for its investors is to blame I took all my $$ out of the stock market and paid off my house in 1997, and never went back to the stock market, and it was the best thing I ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.