Chinese Chronograph

Steve52

Feb 14, 2024
I just purchased one of these cheap chinese chronographs. It did not come with any instructions. Do any forum members have a set of instructions for these they could copy and post or PM me with? Some say the instructions that come with these are not very good. Maybe someone has worked out a better operating instruction list they could post.

Chronograph.jpg

I just purchased one of these cheap chinese chronographs. It did not come with any instructions. Do any forum members have a set of instructions for these they could copy and post or PM me with? Some say the instructions that come with these are not very good. Maybe someone has worked out a better operating instruction list they could post.

View attachment 446348
I have the same one. I just use it on the shooting bench and shoot across it. The only thing you have to do First is find a charger fore it (doesnt come with one, just the cord? ) and Secondly, after turning it on when it starts up, if you want FPS instead of MPS, push the start button again and the display will go to FPS, then youre set. Just turn it off at the end with a long press, or let it time out.

Reactions: Goldwing
Or you can buy from Alibaba. Probably cheaper but slower delivery. I have had 3 - shot one tripod mount. They all recharged the battery with a simple USB power cord. One end lights up a little to show battery status (red means it needs charged, green means it is fully charged). My replacement tripod mount measures in fps. You have to press the power button during the startup sequence, however, when it displays "fps". It is supposed to be possible to get them to play back their readings but I just write it down. Easy once you get in the habit (and avoid studying the impact of the last shot until after you record the velocity).

I have the same one. I just use it on the shooting bench and shoot across it. The only thing you have to do First is find a charger fore it (doesnt come with one, just the cord? ) and Secondly, after turning it on when it starts up, if you want FPS instead of MPS, push the start button again and the display will go to FPS, then youre set. Just turn it off at the end with a long press, or let it time out.
I was wondering how to get it to read in FPS instead of Meters. I couldn’t find anything to tell me how to do it, but since it has 4 digits on the readout, and also because one of the reviewers said it did, I assumed it would. I haven’t used it yet, but I will try that to get it to FPS. I just got it yesterday. I got it real cheap, about $20 from aliexpress. Took about 2 weeks to get. Hope it works ok.

I was wondering how to get it to read in FPS instead of Meters. I couldn’t find anything to tell me how to do it, but since it has 4 digits on the readout, and also because one of the reviewers said it did, I assumed it would. I haven’t used it yet, but I will try that to get it to FPS. I just got it yesterday. I got it real cheap, about $20 from aliexpress. Took about 2 weeks to get. Hope it works ok.
My version shows SU, which is standard units (metric), and I press the and hold the button and it then will show FPS to change over fps and ft-lbs.

View attachment 446348
MINE was junk and would not work.

i have the exact one thats in post#9, it works great but its about 18fps slow with the calculation
of MS X 3.28= FPS
its probably the unit's fault, calibration is needed.
Compared to what .. maybe the compare unit is off ?.. lol

All things aside I can't complain on mine . It's a few years old ( no fps age) and does all I ask and been stable shot after shot . And great battery too boot

Compared to what .. maybe the compare unit is off ?.. lol

All things aside I can't complain on mine . It's a few years old ( no fps age) and does all I ask and been stable shot after shot . And great battery too boot
my compare unit is 3 different ones......so, maybe yours is off !!

my compare unit is 3 different ones......so, maybe yours is off !!
Ya, off doing its job satisfactory..😉.

Thing is no matter what one you use or brand whatever . All you got is whatever out of the box ..

It's not like you get t any calibration tool to insure any of it's correct. Just faith..lol