• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

China virus + Internet = a pest gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the China virus and injuries have really got me down. Stuck in the basement for the most part of a year now just trying to stay alive. My neighborhood has turned into a ghetto anyway so it's probly way safer down here anyway. The basement keeps the constant stream of bullets away. No, it's not really that bad but a few times a year shots and death in the neighborhood anyway. But I am lucky enough they beat me near to death once but they didn't do a thorough enough job cuz I am still here. The internet is down here with me and my guns are too. So I am fairly safe and always cooking up some kind of airgun Frankenstein insanity.

I found a barrel trade on the classifieds of the forum so managed to pick up a 500mm .22 barrel. Then I put together a barrel tensioning shroud for it and put it on the gun. 

Have the brick of an ATN for a scope and picked up an Leupold LTO tracker thermal unit, from the classifieds as well. Found a mod on the net to add a 36mm lens to the LTO unit so I could use it as a spotter scope on the gun. It has a basic cross-hair reticle so with a little werq I have managed to get it close to the POI of my ATN. Still a little to do there but I think I can manage to zero it in. I should not miss much with the thermal and nightvision werqing together.

I believe I am nearly set up for some serious pesting now. Still will probly need to change out my valve spring for something heavier as I have been shooting the gun in .25 cal and at 74fpe. But I really can't do much of anything until my arms heal up a bit more so likely that is several months out if I heal anything like the last time I did this. ;^( Poor Poor me in the first world. ;^) Here is the monster pesting gun that probly weighs in at ten plus pounds even as compact as it is.

edit;

In retrospect I could have saved a little dough by purchasing a smaller diameter moderator rather than the shortie carbon tank.

Hell yeah man, that's a solid night time pesting rig right there! How quiet is that shroud? I'm with you 10000%, spending way too much time tinkering with my guns, NV / thermal lol. Screw this BS pandemic!

I am not sure how quiet it is yet. I just got it put together and no tuning to speak of. Just a modified an FX moderator and the smaller diameter carbon shroud should be enough at the power level I want to shoot. Although I did shoot it in the basement for a dozen shots or so, it is not that loud even though I think it is shooting way faster than I want. I can tell by how loud it is hitting the duct seal backstop which is usually silent.

I don't want to do this all at once cuz then I would not have anything to do tomorrow. ;^)

Status
Not open for further replies.