• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

China side lever?

I freely admit I did not know how to use search for these questions. Woe unto me!
I bought a china side lever gun at the flea market. It looks to be in fair shape. I cleaned it and lubed what I could reach on the outside.
When I went to shoot it things went down hill a bit. It seems weak in the power dept. I also have no idea where it is shooting.
Is there a rebuild kit for these things,I looked on ebay and did not see anything.
Did these guns have a safty? Please tell me anytjing you know about these guns. I already know they are pretty much junk so you don't have to tell me that.
Thank You
Bobby

Reactions: .20calguy
You have to supply a brand name, picture or something else to help us help you. There's no useable info there in your post other than your problem. Caliber? Fill pressure? Type of projectile your shooting? ETC.! One man's "junk" could be another's treasure. Maybe salvageable with the right information.

There are a few threads about these Chinese B?? Rifles.
About 6 months ago I picked up the under lever version. I’m sure it’s somewhat similar in construction to yours.
It needed a fair amount of work to get it shooting good. I Polished the barrel. I replaced the leather seal with a Vortek HW style seal and spring. The screw hole that holds the seal on the piston was off center. So the side of the piston scraped down the side of the compression tube. Fortunately I have access to a lathe. And centered things up.
I highly recommend you completely disassemble the gun and give it a good cleaning and re lube.
Lastly. Mine does not have a safety
IMG_6006.jpeg

I just used JB bore past and my home made patch worm style patch puller.
In my gun I found a tight spot right where the barrel goes into the receiver. It’s like barrel was crimped in place. Also , I don’t know if these barrels are choked. But I did not really polish the last inch of the barrel/ muzzle. I mean I pulled the patch through but did not scrub the end of the barrel like I did at that tight spot.

Be carefull with the young fellow, I have saw a number of them fail and parts come flying out causing injury...
Yikes! kinda reminds me of the tale about the Jap bolt action 6.5 military rifle of the WWII era, The claim was the bolt from the rifle would somehow unlock? break it's lock? I don't recall now, but it would fly backward out of the rifle and usually kill, or otherwise always maim the shooter.