• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

China Shipment Delays

Spartan

Jan 18, 2020
USA
Just a warning for anyone buying parts/equipment direct from China.

I have two orders that are held up in shipping and still in China presumably because of the health issues, and starting to think they may end up never coming once shipments start again and the depots are flooded with the backlogs.

May not be for all Chinese orders, but recommend you hold off on any direct orders from China for awhile. Might end up just being lost money for you.

YES INDEED !!! For some the Chinese new year stopping any activity was bad enough, then this virus happening shortly there after is a Major black eye for some relying on product from china.

Know of one AG manufacturer that relies on the Carbon Fiber 300bar bottles that are made no where but China .. and a lack of product is a MAJOR RED LIGHT to production.

Not good ... not good at all !

Yeah i ordered a Pard 008lrf (day/night) scope on the 25th. Then waited through the new years there to find out they cant ship because they arent back at work. Saw the seller is in Wuhan province too. The epicenter, so cancelled that ordered directly through pard now. The sales manager said he will ship as soon as he gets back in there.

Guess I'll have to be patient.

the Obama administration closed the last lead mine and smelter in the US. Most comes from China these days. You might want to stock up.

Lead isn't exactly in short supply in world ore deposits! More than half of the world's zinc and lead has come from SEDEX deposits like Mt Isa in Australia, Red Dog in Alaska and the former Sullivan mine in Canada. Worry about something else. The best pellets are NOT made in China. Lead is available on just about every continent.

Hoot

the Obama administration closed the last lead mine and smelter in the US. Most comes from China these days. You might want to stock up.

Lead isn't exactly in short supply in world ore deposits! More than half of the world's zinc and lead has come from SEDEX deposits like Mt Isa in Australia, Red Dog in Alaska and the former Sullivan mine in Canada. Worry about something else. The best pellets are NOT made in China. Lead is available on just about every continent.

Hoot

You are right. I just now searched lead mining and got similar results as you. Sorry I made the comment based on what was used at the time to justify the HUGE increase in the price of lead when what was at the time the most productive mine / smelter in the US was closed and ammunition went ballistic pun intended.

I used to buy 1000 .223 reloads for 85 bucks if I returned the cases. Some pellets and slugs cost more than that now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/on-small-business/wuhan-sharply-tightens-quarantines-on-residents-virus-update/2020/02/14/40dcefa8-4efb-11ea-967b-e074d302c7d4_story.html

the last lead producer from ore closed because they did what to improve there polluting at the plant but most all of the lead we use is from recycling and ammo uses only 3% of all lead used 

lead smelters are dirty birds 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/12/23/the-last-lead-smelter-in-the-us-closes-because-the-hippies-won/#1ce642bf642b

What that article fails to mention is the fact that while it may be only 3% of the lead mined goes to bullets the closing was used to justify triple digit increases in the price of ammo. They also destroyed the local economy while shipping those jobs and the pollution created over to China so it could be spread evenly over the entire planet. There is no good reason for the smog we see out in the hinterlands of the US other than all those factories and coal burning power plants. There is now a constant haze in the sky during the day and it is now a rare sight to see the Stars at night in all their glory as they were just 20 years back.

That's the rest of the story so if the Hippies won it was Pyrrhic Victory.