Child shot in the chest w/ BB gun dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.wyff4.com/article/child-dies-bb-gun-shooting-anderson-1641414582/38677914

How is this even possible??? I have several of the 'better' BB guns and I just don't see how there's enough energy to penetrate. I can see a .30 cal FX Impact killing something, but a BB gun???

This comes on the heels of our friend's little girl shooting herself in the head w/ a 9mm on Christmas Day and I'm convinced that I need to start teaching my 2.5yr old about gun safety. Thought maybe use an unloaded BB gun as a prop, but now...maybe not.

Too many unexplained variables! "Child", infant, toddler, adolescent??? Very, very sad but like most every story nowadays not enough FACTS to have an informed understanding of what occurred. How horrible for the family! 

Just noticed & read the link. It IS conceivable that struck at just the right place & angle this could happen. Heartbreaking & eye opening. 

I am not able to fake being a American with my VPN to read the linked article, as doing that boot me off the forum too ( have happened before when i faked being American to a EU store to see if they would send sorely needed pellets to the US )

BUT ! i am pretty sure this is a double tragedy, in the fact that it have happened to the child, and most likely going by my experience with media also in the way it is reported to the people.

They ( politicians ) will try, and am trying on many things, but you can not legislate your way around stupid or evil, if you try to do that you will only hit strait up good people, stupid / evil will remain unaffected.

Status
Not open for further replies.