Chief II Not Firing

Hey all. Newbie here and this probably a newbie issue.

I recently purchased the Beeman Chief II .22 cal model 1336 and had it filled to 2,000 psi. The 10 round magazine is filled with Gamo .22 cal Red Fire pointed pellets, safety off, bolt pulled back then to the cocked position and pull the trigger. The gun is not firing. I pull the bolt back, remove the magazine and there is a pellet in the barrel. If I cock the bolt, it will fire without pulling the trigger. Or I can pull the bolt back safety on and push the pellet out with a rod. What is causing this? Is it user error or the equipment? Thanks

Without complete clarity it may be user error. The bolt is what engages the pellet and must remain forward ( against the breech)after engagement to fire.......or perhaps I misunderstood.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. Pulling the bolt completely back then forward and down, then pulling the trigger with the safety off does not fire the gun. It only pushes the pellet out of the magazine and into the barrel.

I'll give Pruitt58's suggestion a try. Just seems like I shouldn't have to go through that with a brand new rifle. Before that I will try a different type of pellet. Any suggestions?

Thanks!