Chicken Killer!!!

I spotted this guy on Wednesday at around 7:30am.He as ben killing some chickens. The dog ran him off. On Thursday I went out to catch him with the rifle. When I got out there my cows spotted me and came over blocking my view. After about 15 minutes I got aggravated and got up to feed them When I got up I spotted the fox who had spotted me and was leaving. THe next day I hid in a different spot behind a half eaten roll of hay in the yard. After sitting there about 15 minutes here come the cows again. I was determined to stay any way. After 15 minutes or so the cows got ticked off and left because I wasn't feeding them. As soon as they left out of nowhere the fox runs by me at full speed. He was about 6 feet away. With that I turned my head and saw that he got a chicken. Immediately I got up and turned in his direction. Which in turn this made him drop the chicken and run after about 40 yards he stopped and turned to me as if he wanted to confirm that I indeed was what he saw. At this point I raised my rifle. He then turned to run but unfortunately for him turned back to do a double take. I squeezed the trigger and let the bullet fly. I heard it hit him but he turned and sauntered off behind the barn. Thinking I had missed him I ran to the other side of the barn to get another shot. Not leading him enough I shot again and missed. All the while he was just trotting away. I couldn't let him get away I ran back around the barn to follow him into the pasture. As I got to the other side he was lost in the weeds. Remembering I locked the dog in the house I ran and let her out in noped she will track him. Almost immediately she picked up the trail. She started tracking the way he came into the yard. realizing this was not the way she turned 180 degrees around. picking up the trail again she followed his every move. Even to the point to pausing where he grabbed the chicken and where he was shot. Flawlessly following the trail she got away from me. About 50 yards away I could barley see her. If it were not for the white in her coat she would have been lost. I could see that she stopped tracking and just looked down long enough for me to catch a glimpse of her location she wandered off. Upon ariving at the spot I spied the fox barely gasping for air so I dispatched him with another round to the head. 

I was very happy with the performance and accuracy of the rifle as well as the performance of the dog. I would have liked it better if she spoke while she was tracking and located the fox. But a great performance none the less. 

IMG_0147.1602439324.jpg
IMG_0149.1602439325.jpg

Definitely has Fox Terrier in her. My Toy Fox Terrier would be an excellent squirrel dog. She will let you know which tree a squirrel is in. What kind of power is that .357 Kral producing? 

20201012_141833.1602537580.jpg

She trees squirrels all the time. She just looses interest and moves before I can get over to it. She also doesn't bark at them. I don't know how to train them to do that.