Check this out!

The tape over the tears in the packaging is suspect.
Totally. They also put those labels saying they received it damaged. I call total BS. What a cop out. They can just slap those stickers on any box and say it came like that and get out of any insurance claim.

I honestly feel bad for the seller and I may just let this slide. I'm just glad the parts I was keeping made it through.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I also agree with poor packing. I always use USPS. With no problems.
The action should have been removed from the stock and both wrapped separately in a shorter box. That's how I always ship.
Sorry for your experience, but blaming the federal Government is ridiculous!
Good luck
I meant with the entire usps system in general. They're a federal entity and right now they're being ran into the ground.

In the late 90s and early 2Ks I bought and sold a fair bit of high end audio equipment. On the forums and selling sites, it was almost universally accepted that FedEx was the shipper of choice, and anyone else was worse than a crap shoot. Savvy sellers made it a point to specify they’d only ship via FedEx, and informed buyers insisted on it. Even with this, bombproof packaging was the order of the day and feedback mentioning careful packaging was treasured. Of all I bought and sold back then, the only damage I saw was on a speaker purchase shipped UPS (that most would have said was adequately packed) and I never had a single lost or unreasonably delayed shipment involving FedEx.
Now to be fair, also during the early 2Ks, I manufactured and sold a small, almost unbreakable paintball related part with 100% of them being sent to the buyers with shipping at least originating via USPS Priority Mail. My losses of only 2 in 4 years, represented barely 1% of the total sold, and those were to Mexico and Italy.
Fast forward to today, and I cringe when a seller chooses FedEx (Utah Airguns are you listening?😉) because of problems. They are either delayed, marked delivered but don’t show up for a couple of days afterwards, left in the rain at the end of the driveway, or a neighbor brings them to me. When they do make it up to the house, my security cameras ALWAYS catch them tossed onto the ground without even a pretense of care. I am not exaggerating when I say that one of these has happened 25% of the time FedEx was the carrier. In my area, UPS has been better and USPS much better.

Reactions: swNCsw
Love watching everyone says this or that business is "better" yet EVERY SINGLE ONE of those has 10's of thousands of employees that are all of different mindset on how they handle things.

FedEx, useless where I live as the delivery driver here is horrible and drops stuff off at the wrong addresses constantly (FB local page is full of people looking for their things) does that mean all of FedEx is bad.. nope, but here it is.

Doesn't matter who you ship though, things can get wrecked. You just need to package properly and insure it if it's a high value.

With that box ruined they way it is, my personal guess, it got jammed on a conveyor belt and was at the front of a pile up (no reasonable packing would of saved that) That issue could happen to any shipper. USPS knows where and when it got jammed. You just need to decide if it's worth a phone call and investigation to get them to find out when and if it's even insured.

FYI...usps camera systems in their distribution areas is impressive 😉

Love watching everyone says this or that business is "better" yet EVERY SINGLE ONE of those has 10's of thousands of employees that are all of different mindset on how they handle things.

FedEx, useless where I live as the delivery driver here is horrible and drops stuff off at the wrong addresses constantly (FB local page is full of people looking for their things) does that mean all of FedEx is bad.. nope, but here it is.

Doesn't matter who you ship though, things can get wrecked. You just need to package properly and insure it if it's a high value.

With that box ruined they way it is, my personal guess, it got jammed on a conveyor belt and was at the front of a pile up (no reasonable packing would of saved that) That issue could happen to any shipper. USPS knows where and when it got jammed. You just need to decide if it's worth a phone call and investigation to get them to find out when and if it's even insured.

FYI...usps camera systems in their distribution areas is impressive 😉
Here's the thing. They just slapped a sticker on it saying it was received in damaged condition which is complete horse $hit. No accountability, like most of the federal gubberment.

Just like the Alphabet org always investigates themselves and never seems to find themselves at fault for anything.

Here's the thing. They just slapped a sticker on it saying it was received in damaged condition which is complete horse $hit. No accountability, like most of the federal gubberment.

Just like the Alphabet org always investigates themselves and never seems to find themselves at fault for anything.
It was received by the delivery post office like that.. that's where the sticker is usually applied.

Basically, your local PO received it from distribution that way.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
The seller got back to me a few minutes ago and is doing a partial refund to save us all time. I can still make my money back off the other parts, and now I have the go ahead to strip it and keep what I want off it. I can save the breech and about 12.5" of barrel. The bulk fill system is the max flow kit from Baker, so that alone is worth 40 or so in used condition.

I had a rough week of work and coming home to find the rifle in that condition I would normally be mad, but after a few minutes I was just laughing hysterically as i reflected on the past few days!

I meant with the entire usps system in general. They're a federal entity and right now they're being ran into the ground.
It was received by the delivery post office like that.. that's where the sticker is usually applied.

Basically, your local PO received it from distribution that way.
Yes and that is what companies do. The do whatever recoup they can and make delivery. They were never implying they received it from the customer like that as not even they would have accepted that.

Reactions: scottblair