Check out this scope leveler

I have no plans to use bubble levels for scope setup ever again!

1555029297_10274452795cafdd31f3ab89.95755184_IMG_20190411_201537_449.jpg

Reactions: Centercut
What Night Force scope are you using, Bob?

I recently purchased the Night Force SHV f1 4-14x50. The clarity of the glass and the overall quality of this scope surpasses all my other scopes, including the Hawke Endurance, MTC Viper and even the Athlon Helos.

The price is steep for target shooting with air guns, however it's money well-spent for these old eyes.

Wow... seems too damn simple!
1f60e.svg

Does the base mount on the rail or just sit in top? Will it work with a dovetail rail? Thanks!

--Carl

It just sits there. That's a dovetail rail on the Crown, worked like a charm!

The scope gets mechanically leveled to the receiver of the gun no matter what the level of the gun is.....you could do it completely sideways if you wanted to.

And the scope won't rotate when you torque the cap screws with the leveler in place.

Nightforce SHV 5-20x56...MOAR reticle. 2ndFPlane.

https://youtu.be/bAd_JWLmomI

Sorry to be a party pooper but that jig does not ensure the reticle is oriented properly to the bore.

It will work if the dovetail is perfectly centered over the bore, and the rings are perfectly centered over the dovetail, and the receiver is bored perfectly true, and the barrel is perfectly straight.

i know I’m sounding like a broken record but a mirror works better than 90% of the commercial jigs.

Reactions: STO
Sorry to be a party pooper but that jig does not ensure the reticle is oriented properly to the bore.

It will work if the dovetail is perfectly centered over the bore, and the rings are perfectly centered over the dovetail, and the receiver is bored perfectly true, and the barrel is perfectly straight.

i know I’m sounding like a broken record but a mirror works better than 90% of the commercial jigs.

A mirror?

Well, the reason I bought this, and I truly stumbled upon it, was my new scope (manual) suggested leveling it from the bottom like in my pic. The reticle on this scope is stated to be perfectly level with the bottom center.

What is the purpose of leveling your scope? What exactly are you "leveling?" 

The point isn't that the scope should be square to the rail, far from it actually. In most instances differences between the as-machined width of the rail and width of the scope rings' rail clamps mean you do NOT want your scope level to the rail. So what is "level" then? 

Leveling your scope is about getting the reticle in line with the bore. So the way you do it is you set up a mirror, and something which holds level (like a plumb line) and you look through your scope at the mirror and the plumb line to simultaneously hold your cross-hairs perfectly vertical AND centered over the rifle's bore. THAT is actually "level." You can then adjust your scope level to match that. 

If when your scope is level it isn't directly centered over the bore, you'll get left-right drift at different ranges, basically. 

I hope that made sense. I bet nervoustrig is about to pop up with a link that explains how to do it much much better than I just did. :) 

*edit*
Damnit he simply beat me to clicking "submit." Lol, go with nervoustrig's guide.