Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
Designed for the FX Impact

IMG_2574.jpg
IMG_2575.jpg

It works extraordinarily well. Almost enough to make me interested in getting an Impact (and that's saying a lot).

Velocity / efficiency gains aside, Stephen from K&L put a lot of effort into perfecting the projectile loading action. The ammo will seat into the chamber as perfect to square, concentric, and consistently as possible. That in itself provides a MUCH higher potential for shooting precision.

Pretty neat concept... need more pictures of the cheek rest... The mono pod. You know.. complete and detailed pictures of the different variations. Maybe options to get both bag rider and monopod. Hopefully he adds more pictures. The listing isn't clear if you actually get the monopod with the bench config either.

Be really cool too if he had made the mag well wider so we could use modified magazine lids to hold longer slugs. Just made a small plate that bolts in for factory depth mags.. unbolt the plate for deep mags. Heavy slug slinging is popular and this is going to appeal to them guys. I could make a mag top so I can fit my .25 46g slugs in

Pretty neat concept... need more pictures of the cheek rest... The mono pod. You know.. complete and detailed pictures of the different variations. Maybe options to get both bag rider and monopod. Hopefully he adds more pictures. The listing isn't clear if you actually get the monopod with the bench config either.

Be really cool too if he had made the mag well wider so we could use modified magazine lids to hold longer slugs. Just made a small plate that bolts in for factory depth mags.. unbolt the plate for deep mags. Heavy slug slinging is popular and this is going to appeal to them guys. I could make a mag top so I can fit my .25 46g slugs in
Right now the stock Impact magazine well space is limited to it's space based on existing frame screw locations. The Impact is also limited by it's cocking block and lever throw. So there is a little room to expand the magazine well rearward towards those screws, and it would still limited to the physical cocking throw. The effort in moving everything backwards there may not be realized in the gains.

However, this would sell: There's always been a demand for a grooved replacement magazine lid that would allow for additional slug length. (I'm thinking of lengths of slug close to .500" to accommodate all current production caliber lengths and weights would appeal to the FX slugger masses).

Reactions: Nsboost
Right now the stock Impact magazine well space is limited to it's space based on existing frame screw locations. The Impact is also limited by it's cocking block and lever throw. So there is a little room to expand the magazine well rearward towards those screws, and it would still limited to the physical cocking throw. The effort in moving everything backwards there may not be realized in the gains.

However, this would sell: There's always been a demand for a grooved replacement magazine lid that would allow for additional slug length. (I'm thinking of lengths of slug close to .500" to accommodate all current production caliber lengths and weights would appeal to the FX slugger masses).
I actually have made some magazine lids with a deeper groove. But boy they are thin and it wouldn't take much to break them. They would have to be machined from aluminum to really hold up to heavy use

Cheek rest is not included. But you can see some empty M4 holes where a cheek piece will be added in the near future. Monopod is not included.
We couldn't make the magwell larger unless we released a mag at the same time, but something is in the works. But we did flair the magwell, much easier to load blindly.
There is a little more to it as the linkage for the probe carrier needs to be modified as well. Easiest option is to get a mag that has the extra space in it or grind some grooves.

Just curious what would be the benefit/improvement, I'm not really seeing huge improvement correlating to the price. It certainly is nice to have the rear section stiffened up but it is still mounted to a floppy "backbone". Given what I can already do with just the backbone upgrade I'm not sure if this is an upgrade warrant the price.

The stock pellet probe will seat anything as square as possible already, open it up with Dremel or get the Huma high flow probe it's about the same speed without the headache. The port on the Huma probe is basically size of the TP so what are we gaining here? Even the pin probe only adds 5-10fps over the factory probe so this adds 6-11 fps for 600 dollars plus another 250 for backbone, that's almost half the price of the impact and my impact already shot sub MOA consistently before the backbone upgrade.

Last edited:
Just curious what would be the benefit/improvement, I'm not really seeing huge improvement correlating to the price. It certainly is nice to have the rear section stiffened up but it is still mounted to a floppy "backbone". Given what I can already do with just the backbone upgrade I'm not sure if this is an upgrade warrant the price.

The stock pellet probe will seat anything as square as possible already, open it up with Dremel or get the Huma high flow probe it's about the same speed without the headache. The port on the Huma probe is basically size of the TP so what are we gaining here? Even the pin probe only adds 5-10fps over the factory probe so this adds 6-11 fps for 600 dollars plus another 250 for backbone, that's almost half the price of the impact and my impact already shot sub MOA consistently before the backbone upgrade.
This is exactly what I told Bigragu the other day when we were texting. The only thing you left out was their claim about consistency. If nothing changes in the chamber, doesn’t matter what kind of probe you use, you could even use a rock, the gun will be consistent. So in the end it’s about FPS. Spend $600 or turn up your reg 5 bar. It’s a very innovative product but unless it produces an extra 50fps for me, it’s pretty much just a cool trinket.

Reactions: qball

This is exactly what I told Bigragu the other day when we were texting. The only thing you left out was their claim about consistency. If nothing changes in the chamber, doesn’t matter what kind of probe you use, you could even use a rock, the gun will be consistent. So in the end it’s about FPS. Spend $600 or turn up your reg 5 bar. It’s a very innovative product but unless it produces an extra 50fps for me, it’s pretty much just a cool trinket.

Firstly, I can't fault anyone for theorizing as our efforts have been in production instead of marketing/videos and whatnot.
BUT to address the value proposition let's make sure we are taking in all factors. If you are a person that only cares about 1 arbitrary thing, maybe this isn't for you.

In no particular order:
1. it comes with a more robust KLS-3. So there's $250-377 depending on version. Also take into account it is a more robust kls-3 as it is properly integrated with the rifle and is more stable.
2. comes with a bag rider. Depending on what company you're going with that's $50 or so. Comes with one out of the box.
3. Pin probes and carved out pellet probes are not good for every projectile. For example you cannot seat a pellet as deep with a pin probe as you can with a pellet probe, you cant seat a slug with a boat tail as deep as with a pin probe. This isn't absolute, but the geometry of the back of the projectile matters when selecting your probe. The flat surface of the L-tech probe can consistently seat any geometry. You also have the ability to custom shape the profile of the tip to match exactly with the projectile insuring a skirt isn't disformed while sliding through the mag.
4. full retraction of the probe opens up for more air flow. With 22 cal we are seeing 20-35fps increases. This allows you to either shoot faster, or conserve air by turning down hammers or reg pressures. DONT MAKE YOUR RIFLE WORK HARDER THAN IT NEEDS TO.
5. More reliability over pin probes. I bend mine all the time. Especially during competitions when it is critical. It is impossible to bend the L-tech probe with how thick it is.

I'm not going to relist everything stated on the product page, so insert that here...

When taking into account the KLS-3, L-tech comes out to be about $200.
Unfortunately the Impact's rear is not really designed to receive an L-tech probe without replacing the 2 side plates. It can be done with the oem side plates, BUT it isn't optimal thus we went with doing it the right way.

Here are some pictures of the probe carrier, notice the box way guide.

image_72192707.JPG
image_50387969.JPG

In conclusion, it is getting hard to take some of these arguments seriously when there doesn't seem to be too much push back for something like a $250 backbone that yields negligible accuracy gains; but heaven forbid a complex - original - mechanism that can increase FPS and consistency comes out... Quick everyone figure out ways to justify why they don't want to see innovative products come out that actually do something!

I sincerely apologize this product can't be 3d printed or that it wasn't farmed out to some random oversees shop and or that we are enforcing IP.