Check out the L-tech retracting probe by Kraford & Lypt

Offer it without all this dead weight and I’ll take two of them.

So I ordered some 8mm carbon fiber tube off amazon.
I don't think we will be able to release this soon, but you can cut the threads off the rod and epoxy them into the tube.
Was able to cut 1.4oz if you replace both ss rods with the carbon tube. Quick and easy project to loose some weight.

image_67151361.JPG
image_67164161.JPG

Last edited:
I have the .22 and it may go on the gun tonight. My .25 should be here later this week. First impression is it’s a stout piece and well thought out. A bunch of features in one package. The PRS version doesn’t feel much heavier than just my KLS-2. It will be interesting to see what it’s like to get my seating depth set and how much noise it makes when the probe snaps back. It isn’t cheap but you aren’t buying junk.

Installing was straightforward. Had to adjust my cocking rod a little longer. Seating depth perfect. Gun did what Impacts do, it sprung a random leak from the front of the plenum because it was mad that I messed with it. Shot it over the chronograph anyway before I took it apart to fix the leak. My speed stayed exactly the same. I mean exactly. But my .22 is a compact shooting slugs so it’s already using up all the barrel has to offer with where I have the gun set. Not disappointed at all. Can’t wait to make use of having adjustable LOP without hanging something extra off the back of my gun and never having to think about a floppy probe again.

Installing was straightforward. Had to adjust my cocking rod a little longer. Seating depth perfect. Gun did what Impacts do, it sprung a random leak from the front of the plenum because it was mad that I messed with it. Shot it over the chronograph anyway before I took it apart to fix the leak. My speed stayed exactly the same. I mean exactly. But my .22 is a compact shooting slugs so it’s already using up all the barrel has to offer with where I have the gun set. Not disappointed at all. Can’t wait to make use of having adjustable LOP without hanging something extra off the back of my gun and never having to think about a floppy probe again.
Hi
can you attach any photos from your install

I would try reducing your reg pressure slightly, you might be able to lower it a bit and still achieve the same velocity. BUT if it's working perfectly as is and you're happy with the shot count and FPS deviation, I'd leave it as is.

Side note for leaky Impacts: we sell individual orings. A little more expensive than getting them in bulk, but cheaper than buying a kit with a bunch you don't need to use. https://krafordandlypt.com/pages/fx-impact-m3-schematic We have schematics and hyperlinked part numbers for most of the popular FX rifles.

Gun dialed in tonight and back to its silly accurate self. I forgot to mention that I had to move the scope back one notch on the pic rail in order for my position to remain what I’m used to. When you close the cocking lever you will have to get used to the pop by your ear as the probe retracts. It’s not a metallic sound that you would think would come from an all aluminum gun. Just a little pop. The adjustable bag rider is far superior to what I was using and minimal. Overall it’s a well thought out piece. Getting ready to snap the Pard on the gun to watch the woodpiles for a while so I will make use of that thumb wheel to get the gun comfy with that Pard hanging off the back of my scope.

110F89C3-CBA6-47CD-A656-7BD8FB250180.jpeg

The L-tech is now installed on my .25. On this gun I experienced a velocity increase of 17fps. My barrel is about 610mm so the increased volume got put to use. This gun is a backbone Bob but the install was still the same. It took two tries to get my seating depth right. First time I had the excessive snap shut cocking lever which leads to the death of the linkage. Another thing I noticed is run your rail screws into the L-tech before you put your rail on to make sure the threads are fine. With both of my L-techs I noticed the front two holes were a little tight compared to the two rear holes. Ironically I went from poking fun at the L-tech to owning two of them. Why? K&L took the time to explain the benefits of the thing as a package. No fluff, just facts.

39AAB01D-8131-444F-B0B6-2D237374CBFE.jpeg