• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Check out Airgun Geeks podcast, Field Target interview part 1

I didn't get a chance to meet you at the Sonoran but wish I had. Fun interview, you seem like a nice person and being at the top of your game gives clout to your opinions.

You said you practice positional 2-3 times a week IIRC, would you tell me how many of the kneeling and standing shots you hit at the Sonoran please, and wasn't that 16 points for all the positional lanes?? I'm just curious because that seemed like the best way to achieve the most points over the rest of the field. 

I didn't get a chance to meet you at the Sonoran but wish I had. Fun interview, you seem like a nice person and being at the top of your game gives clout to your opinions.

You said you practice positional 2-3 times a week IIRC, would you tell me how many of the kneeling and standing shots you hit at the Sonoran please, and wasn't that 16 points for all the positional lanes?? I'm just curious because that seemed like the best way to achieve the most points over the rest of the field. 

Sorry I didn't meet you!

Yep, at a typical FT grand Prix match there are potentially 16 points that are from forced positions- kneeling and standing. At the top of the podium every point is critical, so a bad day standing or kneeling can make a big difference!

My first day of the Sonoran Desert GP I missed 2 kneelers and 2 standing shots. My first lane was kneeling. I'm usually excited and revved up at the start of a match and I let that affect my kneeling lane. Had a bit of a rough start and was behind 1 point from the leader, tied for second with two other great shooters.

The second day I got all of my kneeling shots, missed 1 standing. I performed much better and made up the difference, tying for 1st. 

On the 3rd round of shoot-off Scott Hull edged me out on a 25yd 1/2" kneeling shot. Scott is a GREAT shooter!
I can confirm that a 25yd 1/2" kneeling shot with wind and the pressure of the audience is a tough shot!

Hope to see you next time.
Philip

Sorry I didn't meet you!

Yep, at a typical FT grand Prix match there are potentially 16 points that are from forced positions- kneeling and standing. At the top of the podium every point is critical, so a bad day standing or kneeling can make a big difference!

My first day of the Sonoran Desert GP I missed 2 kneelers and 2 standing shots. My first lane was kneeling. I'm usually excited and revved up at the start of a match and I let that affect my kneeling lane. Had a bit of a rough start and was behind 1 point from the leader, tied for second with two other great shooters.

The second day I got all of my kneeling shots, missed 1 standing. I performed much better and made up the difference, tying for 1st. 

On the 3rd round of shoot-off Scott Hull edged me out on a 25yd 1/2" kneeling shot. Scott is a GREAT shooter!
I can confirm that a 25yd 1/2" kneeling shot with wind and the pressure of the audience is a tough shot!

Hope to see you next time.
Philip

Wow that's quite a comeback from the first day, great job! Thanks for letting me know what a top shooter does in positional. 1/2" at 25Y is well out of my ability level!

My kneeling sucks, it's very unsteady and my body doesn't work using that position, so I shot all the positional shots/kneeling too in offhand, probably got 50% or so, but can't remember.