• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Check out AEAC's vid on how to prep your barrel for accuracy

and your reviews are the very best steve. and I can proably speak on behalf of pretty much every one who watches your reviews is that we trust you and have faith in what you write and talk about.
​and after watching your review on the rapid air weapons factory and how they were made I ordered my first raw. a bm500 with lrt stock.
my fave airgun vid to date. so thanks for the reviews and how to see more!

Ya know... when I asked Steve, on one of his videos earlier this year, how we were supposed to know what kind of guns he was reviewing in his videos, I really didn't expect a reply. My actual question was more like ... "knowing that every gun manufacturer out there wants good reviews for their products, how are we (the consumers) supposed to know whether they are sending you only the best, most accurate, cherry picked guns that they have in stock which might have been tuned to a very high degree before they were sent to him for review OR whether the guns he reviewed were the typical average guns that we should expect anytime we purchase them on-line or from a local shop?" Steve did not answer that question at the time I asked him, but he certainly did with this video. I guess I have grown a little cynical in my old age as I have a tendency to take most gun reviews with a grain of salt, but for some strange reason I believe Steve when he says that he asks the manufacturers to send him their typical, not tinkered with, average gun off the line. In reference to this I am reminded of one of the sayings from "A Cowboy's Guide To A Happy Life" ... Always take a good look at what you are about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's critical to know what it was.

And to all those gun manufacturers and retailers out there who have turned out less than the best they can provide, yet charged premium prices for their products ... "When you give a lesson in meanness to a critter or a person, don't be surprised if they learn their lesson!"

​Thanks Steve ... for another great video that we can trust. Keep drinkin' upstream from the herd and you will do well in life.

"likkitysplyt"Heavens to Mergatroid ... can this spell the demise of Michael's shop vac method???

very funny. I'm sure I wasn't the first to use the vacuum trick. I still use a straw if there are a lot of baffles, but I've since moved on to a similar method pull - thru method. It's much more effective. 

"aa_limited"and your reviews are the very best steve. and I can proably speak on behalf of pretty much every one who watches your reviews is that we trust you and have faith in what you write and talk about.
​and after watching your review on the rapid air weapons factory and how they were made I ordered my first raw. a bm500 with lrt stock.
my fave airgun vid to date. so thanks for the reviews and how to see more!
Thanks for this trust. I value it and it's well placed.
Steve

"likkitysplyt"Ya know... when I asked Steve, on one of his videos earlier this year, how we were supposed to know what kind of guns he was reviewing in his videos, I really didn't expect a reply. My actual question was more like ... "knowing that every gun manufacturer out there wants good reviews for their products, how are we (the consumers) supposed to know whether they are sending you only the best, most accurate, cherry picked guns that they have in stock which might have been tuned to a very high degree before they were sent to him for review OR whether the guns he reviewed were the typical average guns that we should expect anytime we purchase them on-line or from a local shop?" Steve did not answer that question at the time I asked him, but he certainly did with this video. I guess I have grown a little cynical in my old age as I have a tendency to take most gun reviews with a grain of salt, but for some strange reason I believe Steve when he says that he asks the manufacturers to send him their typical, not tinkered with, average gun off the line. In reference to this I am reminded of one of the sayings from "A Cowboy's Guide To A Happy Life" ... Always take a good look at what you are about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's critical to know what it was.

And to all those gun manufacturers and retailers out there who have turned out less than the best they can provide, yet charged premium prices for their products ... "When you give a lesson in meanness to a critter or a person, don't be surprised if they learn their lesson!"

​Thanks Steve ... for another great video that we can trust. Keep drinkin' upstream from the herd and you will do well in life.
I read every one of them buddy and appreciated that this question was among a pattern. I actually first addressed the concern some time ago over on AOA's blog which is a great read if ever you're able to check it out. I like to write there from time to time and I'll share some neat things. Thanks for the high level of trust. It's important to me.
Steve

"jps2486"Steve, can you address barrel "polishing" which some tuners do. I assume they use JB bore past to lap the bore of the barrels. It worked on my Cricket, but when is it appropriate to do this?
Yeah, this may be another good one to do a video on. For me, I've only had to do it a few times over the years and only take that path when I've exhausted all other means. Oddly enough, I too had to treat one of my Crickets.

I like to remove the barrel, it's o-rings, clean it, and make sure it's nice & lubed up inside with Kano Kroil. Then I take a bore mob and slather it with JB Non Embedding Bore Cleaning Compound. 20 passes is good for the first treatment (enter from breech). While I'm in there I'll hit the breech opening with a rubberized dremel bit. Afterwords, I clean thoroughly with Kroil on a bore mop and patches, then test shoot again. If things improve but still aren't great, you can try again with another 20 passes. Less is more as you probably don't want to take it to far.

Steve

"aa_limited"steve what do you do with the breech opening with a rubberised dremel bit. could you tell me more please. thank you

I'll polish it free of any sharp edges that can shave a pellet going in. The high end guns won't require this treatment but anything $800 and less may benefit. I use a very low speed and hit it for 2-3 seconds. That's all it takes. You don't want to reshape it....just desharpen it.