• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Check on a Veteran PLEASE

Hi All,

Got some sad news late this afternoon. One of the Vets who had been coming out to our fun shoots took his life today.

I won't go into specifics as I want to respect his families privacy but he was an Army Vet who served for over a decade.

He had some trouble adjusting when he got out and was formally diagnosed with PTSD about six months ago and through a buddy of his got hooked up with the shoots we put on and was a joy watching him open up over the past few months. At the end of each shoot we always exchange numbers so everyone has a list of guys and gals they can call day or night if they need to talk and it breaks my heart that in this case that did not matter....

Anyways do me a favor tonight, check on a buddy, call a Vet and just say hey, offer an understanding ear and time... It truly can make a difference, I have been fortunate enough to have been able to talk to men and woman who needed it and I like to think it helped them make it one more day......

Anyways some helpful numbers:

Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (press 1)

National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

Dr. Mike Long: 425-890-5630

If you need help, ASK, please, please ASK. There is NO perceived weakness or judgement and I promise whoever you choose to call will be grateful you did....

If you need help navigating the VA red tape to access services let me know, I can't cut the red type but am pretty damn good at going around it.

I currently have a few items for sale in the classifieds (2 .30 Cricket Tacticals and an Element 6-24x50 FFP scope on No Limit rings) proceeds from those sales will be going directly to the family to help.

Take care,

Mike 

Reactions: JungleShooter
Mike,

So sorry to hear this and I sincerely commend your efforts. It is an awesome and amazing thing that you are doing. My dad is a Vietnam veteran and I wasn't around until many year later, but even growing up I remember him fighting demons of his own. A lot of people don't realize how long and hard the fight can be. My dad is one of the lucky ones and now gets to enjoy his grand-kids and the sport we all love. I also have a few buddies who I went to high school with that are former servicemen, maybe I'll give them a call.

Alex

If you need help, ASK, please, please ASK. There is NO perceived weakness or judgement and I promise whoever you choose to call will be grateful you did....

If you need help navigating the VA red tape to access services let me know, I can't cut the red type but am pretty damn good at going around it.

I currently have a few items for sale in the classifieds (2 .30 Cricket Tacticals and an Element 6-24x50 FFP scope on No Limit rings) proceeds from those sales will be going directly to the family to help.

Take care,

Mike

Mike,

I appreciate people who care.

And those who care AND take action like you are a bright shining light in this world darkened by self-centeredness.

THANKS!

Matthias

Very sad you would think our government would put veterans first in care before giving away our money to foreigners and other countries. Four generations of my family have served my youngest son is currently active duty Army going on 10 years now. He tells me the media is hiding how many vets have been choosing to take their own lives since this Covid fiasco started. It was always to high of a number but in the last 2 years it has skyrocketed. If you know a vet try to get them to talk to someone so they know they are not alone and help is right next to them.