Cheapest Reliable Oil/Waterless Compressor for my Taipan?

Ok, As typical, I read enough to become completely dizzy with confusion and unable to make a decision, and then I come to AGN for advice. I just bought a Taipan Compact, I have a 3000psi SCBA tank, but the Taipan fills to 250 bar. I would not use a compressor for anything else but to fill my Taipan and I would only fill up my Taipan once a week. Im trying to keep my cost the lowest I can ($260 or less) and add a Warranty so if things dont go well.

I am leaning towards the GX CSI because it costs less then the CS2, or is paying more and busting my budget worth it for the CS2?

Is there a cheaper compressor option on Amazon (or elsewhere) worth considering that can be recommended.

Thanks,

Philip

This one is the double cylinder newer version that has gotten good reviews/results. I have the first gen single cylinder version and have had no issues but I use it as back up to my bottle that I het filled some where else. If financially possible, get the extended warranty.

Spritech VE3 PCP Air Compressor,Auto-Stop 4500Psi/30Mpa Oil/Water-Free Air Gun and Paintball Tank Pump with Water/Oil Separator,Built-in Power Adapter(110V AC or 12V Car Battery) https://a.co/d/ffH1FNx

This one is the double cylinder newer version that has gotten good reviews/results. I have the first gen single cylinder version and have had no issues but I use it as back up to my bottle that I het filled some where else. If financially possible, get the extended warranty.

Spritech VE3 PCP Air Compressor,Auto-Stop 4500Psi/30Mpa Oil/Water-Free Air Gun and Paintball Tank Pump with Water/Oil Separator,Built-in Power Adapter(110V AC or 12V Car Battery) https://a.co/d/ffH1FNx
Wow! 2 Pistons and 2 fans. That seems like the logical choice!

Reactions: Ranchibi
Ok, As typical, I read enough to become completely dizzy with confusion and unable to make a decision, and then I come to AGN for advice. I just bought a Taipan Compact, I have a 3000psi SCBA tank, but the Taipan fills to 250 bar. I would not use a compressor for anything else but to fill my Taipan and I would only fill up my Taipan once a week. Im trying to keep my cost the lowest I can ($260 or less) and add a Warranty so if things dont go well.

I am leaning towards the GX CSI because it costs less then the CS2, or is paying more and busting my budget worth it for the CS2?

Is there a cheaper compressor option on Amazon (or elsewhere) worth considering that can be recommended.

Thanks,

Philip
I'm guessing that it's not in your price range, but I have been trouble free with my omega trail charger from AOA.. it's got built in water cooling complete with radiator and fan.. yes it has antifreeze just like a car.. grease pot on top, I turn down a click or two every few months and I have yet to need to add the food grade grease to it.. been running strong since 2017.. no additional warranty needed.. and it also runs on 12 volt battery if you need portable ..
please don't misunderstand me.. but if I had to replace it, I'd very likely get the same thing or get out of airguns..
Mark

I don’t know much about compressors but my recent research has indicated the obvious to me in my search…Anything not liquid cooled and oil less is subject to friction/heat build up at a much higher rate. Heat is what kills compressors. I’ve also learned from my past job (pressure and temperature) are linked, so higher pressures result in higher temperatures. I’m not getting into a scientific debate here or anything I’m just saying all that to say this. I was looking for something like you only with a bigger budget and landed on the CS4, due to its ability to effectively remove heat quickly. My main concern was spending 200-300$ now and then doing it again in a year or two just bc I didn’t get something with liquid cooling. I think for your application one of the cheaper air cooled ones should work but from what I’ve read they are hit or miss when you use them from 200-250bar. Once again, I have no experience with them or any compressor just trying to throw out the research I’ve come across.

Pardon me sir for I surely don't mean to hijack your thread. Dumb question, if you have a compressor that isn't water cooled does it have the "grease pot?" and visa versa? Just exactly what does the grease in the pot grease do? And why does it seem to last so long? Reason I ask is most grease pot compressors are half the price of the water / fan cooled models and I hear folks having good luck with both kinds. I am also searching for a home compressor but don't want to get a dud and end up spending more money in the long run.
Thanks
Ray

I bought double cylinder tuxing compressor. I forgot which model but it's devoid of all the bells and whistles. These things are sketchy at best so would you really want to walk away and expect it to turn off. Built in water tank would only make access to machine harder. I think it came out to mid 400's. I've had all gauges mess up on off switch I bypassed because it broke. I removed all the metal dressings. It has never heated up. The bigger the reservoir of water the more heat can be removed and put into water keeping water from over heating. I put 3 tuxing vertical water and oil filters. No problems. Oiless compressors ? I don't know but sounds like problems. At least not filling 45min air tanks.

I have no experience with the little 350W compressors meant to fill guns (only). Maybe someday I will get one. I have had a couple people tell me that they have had good luck with a Vevor brand compressors which seem to be about the cheapest. I would probably get the CS2 that Target Forge supports, however. Warrantys are only as good as the party fulfilling them. I don't trust that any of the Chinese made compressors would get good warranty service if they break. But if I can buy the parts I need I have at least a chance of fixing them if they break. Parts for my YH seem to be available at reasonable price. The only way I know of to get parts for these smaller compressors is Target Forge and I am pretty sure they don't support Vevors.

Thank you everyone for your expert input. I decided that I am just going to to buy a 4500psi tank and actually bought the 100 ci tank with the Saber tactical Valve just posted on AGN classifieds. I really love the ability to immediately fill and shoot vs. waiting for a couple of minutes to fill, or fretting that the compressor might break, or Id forget to stop filling my gun up. Translate: Im lazy and impatient!!! (LOL). I live in San Diego and have the luxury of having many PB stores and Dive shops within 5 minutes of me to get my tank filled. I figure id just have to refill my 100Ci tank after every 1000-1250 shots which is about once every 2-3 months for me.

If I was choosing a compressor, it would either be the GX CS2 or the Spritech VE3 with the GX CS2 probably winning with its ability to have strong customer support thru targetforge.com!

Shoot safe!

Reactions: wgd
I'm guessing that it's not in your price range, but I have been trouble free with my omega trail charger from AOA.. it's got built in water cooling complete with radiator and fan.. yes it has antifreeze just like a car.. grease pot on top, I turn down a click or two every few months and I have yet to need to add the food grade grease to it.. been running strong since 2017.. no additional warranty needed.. and it also runs on 12 volt battery if you need portable ..
please don't misunderstand me.. but if I had to replace it, I'd very likely get the same thing or get out of airguns..
Mark
What do you fill with your Omega? I just read in another thread that it can only be used to top off guns and can't even be used on a guppy size tank (98 cu in)
yet it says on AOA that it can be used to fill tanks that size.

In the same boat as the OP, looking for a cheap but reliable compressor that can fill/top off guns with smaller air reservoirs (no more than 300cc) and hopefully fill my small tank.

What do you fill with your Omega? I just read in another thread that it can only be used to top off guns and can't even be used on a guppy size tank (98 cu in)
yet it says on AOA that it can be used to fill tanks that size.

In the same boat as the OP, looking for a cheap but reliable compressor that can fill/top off guns with smaller air reservoirs (no more than 300cc) and hopefully fill my small tank.
my biggest fill is the hatsan blitz.. I'm thinking it's 500cc? or 480? and it doesn't even have enough time to warm the coolant.. I think it is supposed to be a 30 minute duty cycle? so with that in mind I don't see any problems with filling any size tank as long as you can give it a break.. my avenger type gun fills in around a minute.. probably 3-4 minutes for the blitz.. and my umarex notos takes longer to put the correct fill probe on and hook up than the compressor takes..
I also like that it has the water separator and filter inside.. and mostly that it just works all the time with no hassle..
so bottom line.. I really don't know how much it can fill before it needs a break, I've filled the two largest guns back to back without more than just changing connections and I didn't feel any warmth during the winter off the cooling fan but left it on circulation for a minute or two just in case there was heat somewhere..
I've always used it in the garage on 110 but it's probably handy for some being able to hook up to a car battery..
it's the only compressor other than shop tools I have had, never even tried filling a gun with a hand pump.. so my experience is limited to just it and it works well.. I wish I had a tank, I'd be glad to tell you what it could do..
just wanted to put it out there that it's a good choice for some.. I personally almost bought a cheap compressor but then I saw that you have to set up a cooling system and I didn't want to go there.. I'm just totally happy with it.. lots of fills and no trouble 😀
Mark

Thank you everyone for your expert input. I decided that I am just going to to buy a 4500psi tank and actually bought the 100 ci tank with the Saber tactical Valve just posted on AGN classifieds. I really love the ability to immediately fill and shoot vs. waiting for a couple of minutes to fill, or fretting that the compressor might break, or Id forget to stop filling my gun up. Translate: Im lazy and impatient!!! (LOL). I live in San Diego and have the luxury of having many PB stores and Dive shops within 5 minutes of me to get my tank filled. I figure id just have to refill my 100Ci tank after every 1000-1250 shots which is about once every 2-3 months for me.

If I was choosing a compressor, it would either be the GX CS2 or the Spritech VE3 with the GX CS2 probably winning with its ability to have strong customer support thru targetforge.com!

Shoot safe!
Not 100% sure but 100 cu in is quite small and I’d be shocked if you got that many shots out of it.

Sorry, I should of added more detail. The 100ci fill station is only for my Tiapan which requires a 250 Bar fill. My other rifles only need a 200 fill max and I have a SCUBA tank for those needs, and can use to fill the Taipan and maybe top off with the 100CI tank. My intentions is to sell off all my rifles and just keep the Taipan, so not much shooting.

Fortunately for me, I live in San Diego so there are plenty of places for me to get a 4500psi fill on my tank. I was thinking a cheaper alternative option like getting a GX cs1 compressor might be a better way, but I feel that a compressor with more moving parts might be a real issue...