• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cheapest place to buy Carbon Fiber Tube – 30mm x 28mm x 1000mm?

Where can I buy Carbon Fiber Tube – 30mm x 28mm x 1000mm (glossy)at the cheapest price?

The best I could find with shipping is about $70, half of the price is the shipping :(

I need a piece for a 600mm barrel but you can't buy it at 600mm but only 500mm or 1000mm

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 8.31.48 AM.1652283140.jpg

I've bought many 1000mm tubes from various ebay sellers over the years. I'm finding several US shipped 30mmx28mm for about $50.

One of them

Seen that one but no glossy, you know as light as it is $20 is a rip off for shipping more like $9

The shipping cost has always been high on tubes over 500mm. I soften the blow by convincing myself that I should order 2.

I'm finding several glossy 1000mmx30mmx28mm on eBay and ~$50 is the going rate. I've been a regular buyer over the years and it's hard to do better on small quantities. 

Have you considered wrapping it with matte and resin? HobbyKing should have the fabric pretty cheap, and should have resin too. Not sure if that is an option or just too much mess to deal with it.

I have a 50 cal that could probably use some CF reinforcement, so following this thread to see what I might find. I might do the fabric and resin method just so I can say I did it. Still thinking.

Have you considered wrapping it with matte and resin? HobbyKing should have the fabric pretty cheap, and should have resin too. Not sure if that is an option or just too much mess to deal with it.

I have a 50 cal that could probably use some CF reinforcement, so following this thread to see what I might find. I might do the fabric and resin method just so I can say I did it. Still thinking.

I use to make RC Gliders using CF and Kevlar wings and a vacuum system that would remove any air bubbles or excessive resin but it was a bit messy and toxic but I'm sure you could get quite efficient at it and have some nice work with patience