• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cheapest entry level tank for pcp

I buy used SCBA tanks from eBay. Usually a couple of years of life left with hydro is about a hundred bucks. 4500 psi is nice but I shoot a lot so I use lots of air. Watch the auctions. One of my 60 minutes tanks was only $60 with fresh hydro and 3 years. No one else bid! Search SCBA tank and a bunch come up. Make sure any tank hasn't passed its life span. 15 years from manufacture for carbon fiber. Good luck!

brand new carbon fiber tank, 90 cubic inch, I think called a "Buddy Bottle" that also includes the regulator set for 3000 psi, hoses, valve and everything you need for filling your air rifle for $300. That's what I use, and get 8 or 10 refills for a Marauder. Pyramyd Air also has the huge tanks for $550. I'd say that the $300 is top end that you should expect to spend.

Remember that if you buy a used scuba tank, you'll need the "fill station" kit with valve and hose. eBay sells those relatively inexpensively, Brand new is around $80 on Pyramyd.

After looking and looking and looking, I finally bought the 90 cu inch from Pyramyd for $300 and was done. It included the tank, 3000 PSI regulator, and fill station hose and valve. No guess work. Used tanks on eBay are often close to or over their 15 year life span. Be careful, as after 15 years, they are not legal to refill. For $300, you get a full life span, and 5 years before your first hydro test.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

$100-150 gets you a 3,000psi scuba tank ( aluminum) new. If used only on a discovery you should get 60+ fills before even having to ti9nk about it. So hiow much shooting will you do?
I found a GREAT deal on a Steel 110cf 3450psi tank, actually a lot of air!
I'm using the Altros Booster right now, but used an FX 1st gen & FX second gen hand pump for years including big bores, no problem but everyone i9s different.

John