• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cheap spotter telescope

Back in the shop looking for something to do....found my old Gamo scope 3-9x40 with a broken windage turret. Remembered I had some PVC drain pipe around almost the right id. With the help of some black duct tape and cutting a piece of pipe to get the eye relief. Cobbled it all together and I have a pretty good spotter. Once you adjust for eye relief and secure the pipe it is in focus right away. Works for me😁👍
1584991981_6630429255e790eed2e1393.02215972.jpg

I like it.

I set up an old scope with a spare pair of 'rings' for my sideshot and an old smartphone to use as a target camera. Worked fine if I took the time to brace it so it was pointed the right way and didn't need to look though it (image was on the phone) and didn't need to look through the extra sideshot eyepiece on the scope. I decommissioned it though. I never made a good jig to hold the setup and it was a pain to brace when moving between targets. I still have the parts and may try again this summer.