• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cheap quiet and accurate... Enough

Howdey folks thanks for all your help in the past. I am currently looking for a springer or gas ram rifle that has these requirements. #1 and most importantly it must be quiet. I mean quiet as hell. I will be ising this primarily for backyard plinking and my niegbors are jerks. #2 must be 22 cal because 25 magnum springers are too loud and expensive to shoot. #3 needs to be under 200 bucks. So I dont need a magnum springer but 12fpe or above please. I will hunt rabbit occasionally and accuracy means more than power to me. Pyramid air reccomended crosman valiant for about 170 bucks and it comes with a target of some kind i think. What else would be good. Thanks guys you rock. 

I've not found my 12fpe guns (HW97 or Crosman Nitro Venom) to be quiet at all; I returned a Summit Ranger 1200 fps because it was just loud! A "friend" let me try two 1400 fps (Gamo/Benjamin) guns with whisper tech/sbd; but, they were even louder.

I recommend that you look for a PCP or check out the loudness rating on air guns, getting a "2" rated gun, since my 3s and 4s are definitely NOT quiet. Now, they may be quieter than others; but, they are not quiet. Look for something under 1000 fps, perhaps even in the 600-700 fps for a .177.

Best of luck!

I'm just returning to air-gunning after quite a few decades. My last experience was with a metal Crossman pellet revolver with two interchangeable barrels which I used on metal targets in my basement. There are so many options available today for BB or pellet. I've already purchased a couple examples of the former type and can't wait to start using both.

Well, if you want quiet and accurate, I can recommend the Marauder .177 cal. It is a PCP, and will be a little over $200 used, but it is the gold standard for quiet, and a tack driver with the right pellet. I have shot it in the back yard and the neighbor couldn't tell I shot it. It is easy to pump with a hand pump and will dispatch varmints quickly. The only sound you can hear outside is the sound of the pellet on the target.

Raden.......if you want 'quiet' in a springer (non-pcp) and have 'those kind of neighbors'..you won't find a quieter springer than HW30/R7.......and you're looking to plink and maybe take a rabbit/vermin up to 30 yards....and you want to be proud of it, and it's beautiful (not a beater)...and it's one of the most accurate factory springers out there ....and it's not hold sensitive.....and its short and light...and your kids can handle it too with your wife....(I can go on but...)....look at a light/small HW-30 177 (you don't need 22 and you don't need 12 fpe by your description)....Pyramid has refurb for 250 as does AOA. Resale will be close to what you purchase it for 6 months or 6 years from now. 

I like the hw 30 idea alot. I was looking for a small light hw but I don't know much about thier line. The hw 97 is a dream gun of mine tho. I think I will go that route. Right on.

....in addition......they are really selling 'for cheap' at AOA the basturdized stainless look 30.....I bought one.....just gorgeous...understand they are almost out....I bring it up secondary to the rust resistance of the plating since you want a 'truck'gun. 

Arriving of late to gunroom a

>STOEGERmod.X20< it's silencer being fitted at factory quite equalling can:an ominous snout of lustrous inkyBlu renowned to >VENOMAC(Eng.)< ;a hi- class concern operating out of Birmingham (Eng.) gunmaking quarter to service tuning market which sprang from introduction in late nineteen -seventies [V-ROK] mod.HW35E. of Mellrichstadt (Ger.) factory Hermann Weihrauch, which surname translates ,for all the world :"incense". Lest yr>StoegerX20< be fitted with {Jim Maccari} improvements taking pell- velocity above Mach1 thus evidencing a supersonic," crack" yous will find wi the new Stoeger models alone to yr releasing shot, ye "RollsRoyce"-clunk !!!Regards.Shona-s(Scot.)