Cheap PCP tested with claims of fantastic efficency

I have first hand knowledge. I own one.

His video claims are pretty accurate except mine shoots the JSB 15.9 better than any other of the almost dozen that I've tried including the ones he tested. 

It is a very efficient gun. Surprisingly so. IMO an exceptional value against the Disco's and even the new Maximus. The one saving grace to the Disco and the Maximus is its low fill pressure. I've owned a Disco and have not shot a Maximus but I'd go with the Airmax Varmint at the drop of a hat. 

Yes, the gun is the same as the one that mrodair sells.

No, I think it's loud. I put an aftermarket moderator on it and really dampened the noise. Almost backyard friendly depending on your backyard.

No, my trigger is crisp. I can't detect any real grittiness or noticeable creep.

My only gripe about his video is his daughter WASN'T WEARING SAFETY GLASSES WHEN SHOOTING POINT BLANK INTO A PIECE OF WOOD!!! IDIOT!! 

Reactions: fe7565
"fe7565"
WASN'T WEARING SAFETY GLASSES WHEN SHOOTING POINT BLANK INTO A PIECE OF WOOD!!! IDIOT!! 

+1 on the safety.

How does it compare to the Marauder?
If I had to absolutely pick one over the other, the needle leans ever so slightly toward the Marauder for my choice. (I've had several of them as well). However, you have to weigh your wants/needs against what each gun offers. 

If noise and a slightly larger group would not be a problem, the airmax is an exceptional value.

If your neighbors are uncool with you poppin your air rifle in the backyard the Marauder is the way to go. 

If you are looking for a very economical way to get into the world of PCP the Airmax is a great buy. Two Airmax can be had for the price of one Marauder!! 

Pros of the Maruader .22 and the Airmax Varmint .22 (Cons will be obvious) 

Airmax is more efficient ---- 85cc vs. 215cc
Airmax is considerably less expensive ----$269.99 vs. 499.99 or 46% less
Airmax is considerably lighter ----4.9lbs vs. 7.3lbs
Marauder is more accurate at 50 yards -----my Marauder sub 1" groups vs. my Airmax 1-1/2"
Marauder is much quieter out of the box 
Marauder makes slightly more power out of the box 
Marauder is easily tunable
Marauder has a better trigger
​Marauder is available in .25 

This is in no way suggesting one over the other. This summary is my opinion based on my experience on ownership of both rifles.